Revells 1/32 Hurricane mk.1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jamierd

Senior Airman
Jul 16, 2009
Glenrothes Scotland
Huricane p3576 code GN-A as flown by Flt james brindley Nicolson on the 16th august 1940 when he won his VC
going to be trying a few things i have never done before on this one .there are no known photographs of this machine and photos of 249sqn machines seem to be in short supply too so with the help of airframes and Diamant and a few others we have been able to piece together what we THINK this machine may have looked like will add some pics and a profile shortly

and some pics of progress so far feel free to pitch in with comments and suggestions

Attachments

• 100_0575.JPG
    100_0575.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 337
  • 100_0576.JPG
    100_0576.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 100_0577.JPG
    100_0577.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 100_0578.JPG
    100_0578.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 100_0579.JPG
    100_0579.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 325
Are you buying any bits for it Jamie?
I recall the Revell 32nd scale Hurricane's spinner was way oversized

Looking good so far Jamie. I used a spare spinner and prop from a Hasegawa Spit for mine, which was the MkIIc 'Smithsonian' kit, converted back to a Mk1, so I'll have a look at the spinner and prop from the original kit, which might be easier to re-shape to a Rotol spinner. If it is, you can have it, and I'll post a pic here so you can see what it looks like. Should have the decals to you by the end of next week latest. I'm in the middle of hand painting the nose art for Jan's Mitchell, straight onto the decal sheet, then I'll print his other bits and pieces at the same time as your codes/serials.

will do something about the seatbelts
The engine wiring is part of the molding i just high lighted it with steel

Hurricane P3576 was a hawker built machine fitted with a RR merlin 2 engine and either a de havilland or Rotol 3 blade variable pitch propellor delivered some time between february and july 1940
have been able to locate some resin bits and pieces for the hurricane unfortunately all are in 1/24 scale

Here's the spare prop from the MkIIC version of the kit Jamie. You can have this if it'll help, or is it the same as the one in your kit?
The spinner alongside is a De Havilland type, from an old Revell Spit. The prop was glued together to check shape/dimensions etc when I was converting to the Mk1, but will easily separate I would think, and the spare spinner could be adapted to fit, giving a more authentic looking assembly. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Bombers Build 124.jpg
    Bombers Build 124.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Bombers Build 126.jpg
    Bombers Build 126.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 184

Users who are viewing this thread

Back