Revells 1/32 Hurricane mk.1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

is definately a mark 2 kit terry cannon fairings wing blisters and all .backplate arrived this morning hows that for service only phoned at lunchtime yesterday

That's what I call good service!! It's a pity Revell didn't at least provide the correct prop for a Mk1 though. I might still get one, to build 'wheels up', and with a decent pilot figure in the cockpit and a 'baln' prop, as if flying, to go with the JU88 for the museum. It just seems a bit of a con, to release an old kit at this price, which isn't what it's supposed to be.

elevators werent cemented in at that point although there will be a fair amount of filling to be done particularly the wing joints they are horrendous

Yep, I remember those wing to fuselage joints! Fortunately, the joint was actually visible on the Hurricane, but it will need some sanding and filling to get it right.

got some more done prop assembled and painted wings and tailplanes on radiotor flap opened added some detail opener thingys for the radiator flap and some other rods that can be seen in there also gave the airbrush a try its wicked cant believe how quickly the painting was done unfortunately its dark here so you will have to wait till tomorow for pics

Thingy (noun) technical things i dont know the name of

got alittle carried away with my new toy and painted everything .needs a little touch up here and there but i am quite proud of my first airbrushed model heres some pics.props and canopy just perched on for the pics not fixed yet

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 104
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 112
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 112
  • h4.jpg
    h4.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 116
i always thought they were kind of vague but i played with it for a bit and found i can get a line about 1.5mm thick or a 5cm wide spray spent more time playing on an old box trying things out than i did painting the hurricane .is definately the best 10 quid i eveer spent now i will need to get a compressor and more paint coz if it dont move it gettin sprayed lol

Have a look at this place for a compressor Jamie, it's where I got my current airbrush. They've got a good range, at very reasonable prices. Mine's only a basic thing (bought at Model Hobbies) normally just called the 'Baby Elephant'(!), which was about £40or less IIRC, and it works just great. They've got the same one, plus better stuff with regulator etc, although they now do an in-line regulator for mine too.
The web address is Everything Airbrush
They're in southern England, and nice to deal with, and shipping is very reasonable and fairly quick.

thanks guys run out of canned air for toy now and no way am going out for more today 50mph winds and pouring rain so wont be much done today need to clear coat it and get some decals on before i start weathering and stuff

further progress just waiting on the decals and we are good to finish it off. pictures not very good but i suck with a camera

Attachments

• 100_0640.JPG
    100_0640.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_0639.JPG
    100_0639.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_0637.JPG
    100_0637.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_0636.JPG
    100_0636.JPG