Royal Air Force Museum, Hendon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lovely shots as usual old chap....here is a selection of mine...the Hurricane wreck is very poignant coming from a Battle of Britain Hurricane shot down. The pilot baled out but was sadly killed. The aircraft was recovered from the beach and put back to gether in the 80s.....it is surrounded by the tally board of the Few....

Attachments

• def1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 151
  • lanc.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 862
  • lizzie.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 790
  • moss.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 780
  • p47.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 246
  • temp.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 232
  • tyffie.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 792
this is the Hurricane mentioned.....the last post included a Defiant that is going off for a rebuild soon!

Attachments

• hurr.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 175
Great photos guys!
Gary, thankyou especially mate -that's the first photo of an Fw 190A-8/U1 cockpit I've seen! I'm converting two Revell Fw 190A-8/R11s to an S-5 and A-8/U1 at the moment so those pics will come in real handy! Cheers!

Evan

Nice pics there Gary and Tony. I see what you mean about the lighting, the last time I as there, I managed to get some good shots on 100ASA tranny film, back in about 1987! Looks like they've made a lot of changes since then,not all of them for the better.
Yep Karl, I'm up for that mate - we could meet up with Gary and anyone else interested.

Great shots Gary and tony!

I know what you mean Gary ,I was at Wigram museum today and I didn't have a tripod hence my photos were very dark.You did a good jobLooks like a GREAT museum8)

Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread