Seafire Crash

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is one time you can say wooden props probably helped I would think it may of saved the engine.

Broke all 4 blades. Doesn't every pilot in training get the checklist including whutting the engine down before piling in? I was trained to cycle the starter till the blades are free of prop striking. At least keep it to two blades. Yes? No?

I think I've heard of a bloke in NZ who has wheels up landed his Spitfire 4 times!!!!!

Looks like a Seafire 47. Working from memory, but I thinik the aeronavale operated them after the war.....Looks more like a noseover than a gear failure, or maybe both

My guess would be that they are going to pull the engine out and totaly tear it down and rebuild it. If the engine was running when the props struck the ground, I am pretty sure there will be some sort of damage inside.

You know, I've never thought about that. Would it screw up an engine or is there some type of clutch device that just disengages the engine from the prop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back