She's flying again

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
11,648
6,762
Joined
Sep 19, 2006
Location
Holland
Website
www.redbeatband.nl
After 3 years on the ground, our PBY5-A Catalina in Lelystad is flying again. Here practicing touch-and-go's at Lelystad. She got her certificate last week or so. Hopefully we'll see her again on the airshow next year :)


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4jIEwYDs18
 
Great to see!
 
In the '50's, growing up, my friends father (who flew P-38 (F-5?) and B-25 recon in the war) had a blister which he said was from a Catalina but I remember it being more solid, half egg shaped, with a framed outer half. After all these years I don't know if it was from a Catalina after all, as I've never seen one of their blisters with a solid interior.
Would any of you know what aircraft it may have come from?
 
Fantastic!!!!
 
Great to see Marcel!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back