Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Even now can see that was good Chris!

Almost the same car too - yours a 250 GTO. (Couldn't have told you that a week ago! :) )

Cheers Wayne, hope so!

Progress...radiator being modified, original has a number plate there which I don't want to include (that 'artistic license' thing... :) )

STA53675.JPG

Sketch is suspended, nose dimensions are way off.
Like alot of things in life, harder to notice when it's right under your nose - have to step back and view it from a distance to see it in it's true perspective...

New pic next week, a newer version Ferrari. This one to be finished later for Ivett who still likes it despite, and another one chalked up to experience for now.

This is a small acrylic sketch portraying twelve-victory ace Alex Vraciu on the day that he shot down six Japanese "Judy" dive bombers on June 19, 1944 during what came to be known as the "Marianas Turkey Shoot". I'd like to work this up to a larger size pastel piece. Will try and get to the colour version of the P-40 soon, just been very busy with other things.

Attachments

• sixshooter_sketch.jpg
    sixshooter_sketch.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 218
Cheers Wayne, though the problem is in the height and width of the radiator grill, caused by not drawing the nose quite wide enough (why I don't like drawing cars nose to tail)

Have an idea to save it, but will devise a better method of ensuring correctness on future base sketches.

Thanks mate!
It's like aircraft though - we'd notice straight away if someone screwed up a Ta 152 fueslage detail...the Ferrari crowd would probably have picked this up pretty quick!

Hopefully you'll see a big difference if I can pull of the corrections, if not I'll start her again.

Last edited:
Aha! glad to see you've started on the Ferrari's mate, when you're done, email your scans over and I'll get them in the FOC magazine, like I mentioned a few weeks back... should pull in work for you.
:thumbright:
You need to think about prices too as they'll need a "commissions start from £xxx" in the article.

You could also consider the Fiat 500, as again, I've got links with the owners club mag, I've done a few covers for them and some bits and bobs, they owe me a favour ;)

Great, thanks Matt! Really appreciate it! :notworthy:

At the moment just sorting final paintings for the gallery and upcoming festival that will take place there on Aug 12, should be back into the Spyder tomorrow though hopefully.
(Btw, did you notice the mistake with the radiator?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back