Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Jan!

Hoping to catch my aunt's birthday on this one, so other projects delayed by about 3-4 days. Hope to start your NOHAB in about 2 weeks Jan, if that's ok?

A (tentative) 'Done!'

'Norfolk Countryside', watercolour, 21 x 29.7 cm.

Overworked the first version (as posted earlier) and ruined it - this is the second version, finished yesterday.
Even now fighting an urge to improve a couple of small areas, but trying not to!

Ivett loves it anyway, so hopefully my aunt will too.

(Once again, excuse the shoddy photography. Will try and scan it tonight for a crisper and 'square' image)
Btw, the 'uneven' lettering is correct - the original signs have been repainted a few times and it shows!

STA53758.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers Jan, Wayne, Hugh and Matt!

Made some very minor changes to the watercolour, Ivett didn't even notice the difference :)

Scanned the Norfolk watercolour, the Lanchester and the 34 Ford yesterday - only the Ford came out any good. The others are too light, and details and colours were lost.
I either need to paint and draw darker/ in more intensive colours, or get my work professionally photographed.

Small sketch I'm working on for my dad.

The Venezuelen sailing ship 'Simon Bolivar', pencil, approx. 17 x 22 cm, depending on what I decide in the end.

Paper is wider than visible here, toying with the idea of bordering it with an intertwined rope motif, looped at the corners, but may just frame it as in this view.

STA53784.JPG

Inspired by Roy Grinnell's fabulous portrait of Joe Foss, this is the progress so far on my own interpretation of the same subject. When I came across a great reference of a Wildcat, albeit in black white, I couldn't resist trying my own portrait of Joe. I wanted to portray Joe in the cockpit of his Wildcat with a tropical backdrop of, what else, Guadalcanal of course. Oil Pastel on Canson board.

Attachments

• F4F.jpg
    F4F.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 173
  • foss_WIP.jpg
    foss_WIP.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back