Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind remarks gents! I re-worked the canopy frame as the rivets were incorrect. Started on the image of Joe as well with a pencil study to use as a model for the colour figure.

Attachments

• foss_WIP2.jpg
    foss_WIP2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 171
  • foss_sketch.jpg
    foss_sketch.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 178
My latest:

Two watercolours done at Siofok, Lake Balaton over the weekend.
Both painted with water from the lake itself, sizes: 21 x 29.7 cm.

1. Siofok, looking west on the Lake
2. Siofok, looking north.

In reality, the water was full of people (including myself most of the time) but they ruin the landscape IMO. :toothy5:

Please excuse the usual shoddy photography too...

STA53872.JPG

STA53873.JPG

Further progress on this one. This image was taken with a digital camera so the colour is different than the previous images (on the second scan I took just the canopy and spliced it back onto the first scan) which were scans, although both of those were different from each other as well (can't rely on Staples employees to do an accurate job). This image is closer to the original although not entirely accurate either. When I first saw this image I couldn't believe how different it was from the scanned image which is much more saturated. Once this project is complete I will have it scanned by a high end digital scanner.

Attachments

• foss_WIP3.jpg
    foss_WIP3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 175
Nothing special, but did a simple rope and bead trim for the 'Simon Bolivar' ship drawing, final size 20 x 28 cm. Sets it off better I think.

STA53924.JPG

Cheers guys!

Name plate and border were just out of my head so a little basic maybe, but I like the effect. Plan to try further nautical pieces and develop this idea further.

This one is proving to be quite a challenge, lots of scraping and adding back in. This piece is not large so the face is quite small, making it very tricky, especially with the waxy nature of oil pastels. I've used colored pencil for very small areas. Just need to add the gunsight, step back from it, tweak it further if needed, and we'll see where to go from there.

Attachments

• foss_WIP5.jpg
    foss_WIP5.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 201
  • foss_WIP4.jpg
    foss_WIP4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 190
For lovers of the Hawker Hurricane, and a serene, sunset as a backdrop, I have this print available as either a remarqued/signed edition or as just a signed edition. It is entitled "Lone Sentry" and is signed by DFC recipient, David Wilson Cairns, who flew with 250 squadron, RAF, in WWII. Very good value for original art (remarqued edition). Shown below are two samples. Please PM me if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• lone_sentry_remarque_sm.jpg
    lone_sentry_remarque_sm.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 193
  • lone_sentry_remarque_sm-2.jpg
    lone_sentry_remarque_sm-2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 204
Here's one I'm in the middle of, I know the tank looks strange but it's just the style of the bike. I haven't done much with trying to make chrome realistic with pencil so that was my main goal of this drawing.

7867114226_1029a182e1_b.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back