Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Jan!
If I understand right, I'll hang onto this then and do you another one. Send me a photo of what you'd like (to my e-mail address) and I'll get onto it after the current projects.

Some cracking artworks so far peoples, makes me feel like a doodler who's lost most of his doodles..
Managed to find a few scanable pics, although I only found one of my books; of mostly unfinished bike sketches...

69314806.jpg

83119301.jpg

95773453.jpg

2003ps.jpg

Done in 2D, life size,, nuts bolts and all in AutoCAD2000 I have since then, lost the '.cwg' backup of it, a 'major bummer' (who is he anyways?! lol).
Also the reverse side which can faintly be seen thriough the printout, has the fairingless pic of my virtual 'otto/poppet' valveless rearwards exhausting 4 stroke creation - yeah those exhaust are megaphoned (almost like a two stoke), complete with engine and those parts that were hidden behind the fairing.
Pity I won't actually get to make it, perhaps one day though, I'll get far enough to make a 'test' replacement single cylinder head to see if my theories work..

Last edited:
I like your locomotive Evan. Razor1uk, I like your sketches of the bikes, very interesting. Those Japanese designed superbikes are very cool!

It's been a while since I posted something, here's some artwork, nothing new, just work that I haven't previously posted.

First one is a depiction of the Enola Gay, entitled Warpaint, as it's being prepped on Tinian for it's top secret mission in 1945. This painting is based on a photo that depicted a couple of ground crew repainting the tail of a B-29. I really liked the composition so I used it as the basis for a depiction of the Enola Gay. The Enola Gay is being modified for it's top secret mission to drop the atomic bomb. On August 1 it was given the circle R tail markings of the 6th Bomb Group as a security measure to avoid mis-identification with actual 6th Bomb Group aircraft and to confuse the enemy. More info on the Enola Gay can be found in this link.
The Enola Gay

Second one is a depiction of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Lancaster, one of only 2 flying examples in the world. The CWH Museum has dedicated its Mynarski Memorial Lancaster to the memory of Pilot Officer Andrew Charles Mynarski, VC, of 419 (Moose) Squadron, 6 (RCAF) Group. Mynarski won 6 Group's only Victoria Cross, the Commonwealth's highest award for gallantry in battle. On the night of 12/13 June 1944, his Lancaster X was shot down by a Luftwafffe night fighter. As the bomber plunged earthwards, Mynarski, his flying clothing afire, tried in vain to free his trapped rear gunner from the jammed rear turret. Miraculously, the gunner lived to relate the story of Mynarski's bravery. Unfortunately, Mynarski died from his severe burns.

Third and Fourth are a couple of profiles that I rendered digitally with Adobe Illustrator. I've always wanted to do these for books or magazines, but there is a large volume of this type of work already being produced by a lot of talented artists.

The fifth is a small acrylic of a Hurricane on approach, flaps down.

Attachments

• enolagay.jpg
    enolagay.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 139
  • lanc.jpg
    lanc.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 136
  • me109.jpg
    me109.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 126
  • spitmk1.jpg
    spitmk1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 133
  • hurricane_framed.jpg
    hurricane_framed.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 132
Here's something that takes me back to some automotive work. A bit of a looser portrayal of the great Gilles Villeneuve. With Gilles I always think it important to somehow have some sense of movement and intensity, in this case the contrast and bold streaks of color. Acrylic on canvas, 40" x 30".

Attachments

• shift.jpg
    shift.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 164
  • shift1.jpg
    shift1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 156
  • shift2.jpg
    shift2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 168
Niiiice! My alltime favourite and the best looking of all Ferrari's F1 cars, the 312T5 (the T4 was similar wasn't it), the 312T from '75 is my second favourite... 8)

Quality :eek: work there palateone :D love the sence of speed in the Ferrari 8)
The only time I really painted anything was for my art exam, that and a load of citadel minatures; space marines, tau, and half of my still waiting chaos blood bowl team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back