Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice, Nathan!

A Fiat 500 joined my 'done' list today (pencil, 21 x 29.7 cm). Try and get pics up soon when light allows (of the Ferrari too!)

Thanks all for your kind comments!

Niiiice! My alltime favourite and the best looking of all Ferrari's F1 cars, the 312T5 (the T4 was similar wasn't it), the 312T from '75 is my second favourite... 8)

Yes, the 312 T4 T5 were similar, although personally I prefer the 126CK, especially the CK2 which I would also like to portray at some point in time.

Nice, Nathan!

A Fiat 500 joined my 'done' list today (pencil, 21 x 29.7 cm). Try and get pics up soon when light allows (of the Ferrari too!)

It just occurred to me Evan, are you referring to "me" when you say 'Nathan'? Just call me Norb.

Here's another one from a few years back, one of my favourites, the 'Pony' cars. Acrylic on board, 28.25" x 12.75"

Attachments

• stablemates_sm.jpg
    stablemates_sm.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 150
Light conditions still not the best, but finally took some rough pics of my latest:

-Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder (Pencil, 21 x 29.7 cm)
-FIAT 500 (Pencil, 21 x 29.7 cm)

Excuse the usual shoddy photography, the lens 'eyeball' effect isn't obvious through the viewfinder - only notice when I upload here (dammit).
Will try to post better pics later if poss.

STA50583.JPG

STA50584.JPG

Nice work Evan, I especially like the angle on the Fiat!

A couple of in-progress shots of a small acrylic colour study that will be the basis for a pastel. I had done the same scene previously this year in pencil. It depicts the Spitfire Mk Ia flown by Pilot Officer JC Dundas of No 609 Sqn, 1940.

Attachments

• morning_mission_sketch_101112.jpg
    morning_mission_sketch_101112.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 136
  • morning_mission_sketch_101112(1).jpg
    morning_mission_sketch_101112(1).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 126
Thanks guys! Evan, it's an acrylic, although it does look like watercolour doesn't it. I like building up layers with thin watery washes before building on the opaque layers. I'd like to go ahead with a larger version of this, probably in pastel, my goal is to build a body of work in a consistent style and medium and pastel has worked for me with it's quick nature of working with, for me anyway. I just need more time, lol.

...and it's a very effective medium, so keep at it! Like Wayne, looking forward to seeing this progress.

(Yeah, and really acrylic and not watercolour! You can see which paint medium I use the most! :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back