Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys! yep peoples and faces always are the hardest . I have another soldier i drew where his helmet blacked out his eyes , did a great job on everything just the face never looked right without the eyes! and its how the actual black and white picture was. ill post it too when i get a chance. i love to draw but usually find it too frustrating as i dont get the result i spent hours trying to get or find something is out of proportion rendering all your previous work useless.

I don't know if any artist ever is entirely satisfied with his work. I certainly aren't anyway, and am without a doubt my own worst critic.
That isn't necessarily bad - I always say we can never improve if we think we've done something perfectly already. IMO it's the constant striving for 'perfection' that keeps the ball rolling (no matter the subject/ job) - things always seem to get boring or mundane when there's no challenge left.

Keep up the good work mate!

Nice work sturmbock44! Your sniper picture reminded me immediately of Charles Schreyvogel's "Breaking Through The Line". One of my favourite artists, along with Remington. Evan is right, it's a constant learning process, that's what keeps it interesting.

Attachments

• schrevogel_breaking_through_line_copy1348793722339.jpg
    schrevogel_breaking_through_line_copy1348793722339.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 190
Yes, Charles Schreyvogel was a master, a little lesser known than Remington, and left behind a ar smaller body of work, but his figures and action scenes were very strong! Try googling him, lots of eye candy in terms of great work!

My latest, commission for a mate.

'Glory days' (Pencil, 19.3 x 28.2 cm).

Subjects are Magyar Légierő (Hungarian Air Force) MiG-21 BisAP, MiG-29UB, and Aero L-39ZO Albatross in formation over Taszar airbase. Much loved aircraft here, all since removed from service (around 2004).

For detail nuts like myself, this is slightly inaccurate, as per my mate's wishes ('you pays your money , you makes your choice' :) ):
MiG-29UB '29' actually became an attrition airframe still wearing it's original russian style paintscheme - she never flew in the later NATO schemes, 2nd version of which seen here.
Scene is a compilation of about 9 different photos too. I don't know if such a flight ever actually occurred at Taszár, or any other location.

STA50947.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers Wojtek, Hugh and Matt!
Not the best of photos (as always) but you get the impressssion.

Matt, need to photograph it better for my records, so if your son likes it drop us your e-mail address in a PM and I'll send you a copy.

I still play the odd AviaQuiz style competitions and occasionally try to solve them by "drawing them out".

Unfortunately, most of the time I usually end up "inventing" a new aircraft.

I agree, that cartoon is really cool! Here's a portrait just completed as a commission for Christmas. It was commissioned by the person in the blue shirt for his parents! Acrylic on board, 15.25" x 20.25"

Attachments

• portrait_kids_final.jpg
    portrait_kids_final.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 145
  • kid1.jpg
    kid1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 142
  • kid3.jpg
    kid3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 140
  • kid2.jpg
    kid2.jpg