Sid's photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Siddley

Airman 1st Class
Jul 20, 2014
This is my late dad and his two brothers in a little photo display I made. Dad was an NCO in the Royal Artillery and a very good bloke, he's on the left of the pic.
dad.jpg

Wow, thanks for the response guys.
I came along really late in my parents lives so I was brought up in a family where WW2 was an experience they lived ( and fought ) through, while for other kids of my age it was in their grandparents time and a lot more remote.

My dad entered combat on D-Day and apart from a couple of weeks back in England recovering from a ( non combat ) injury went right through to VE Day.
I have never really figured out how someone could be so mentally tough to go through all that horror and come back home as a gentle and kind man.

I call this composition " Reclining Redneck, with cats "

Sadly the large tabby cat is no longer with us - he has been called to cat Valhalla as befits a warrior of his stature, but that tiny little feral furball - who I found abandoned and dying of dehydration with her eyes only just open - is now two years old. She's called Fugly, because she is :D

redneckcats.jpg

And for something completely different this is a rifle receiver I hacked out of a solid lump of stainless steel when I was gunsmithing

rifle action.jpg

Finally, your Iberian correspondent on a hike in the Sierra Salinas mountains

sid salinas.jpg

That looks like an antique Kukri on the table with the revolvers

It's a Sirupati, which is a lot longer than the Kukri. The Nepalese use them for mostly agricultural tasks but they have become popular with martial artists.
I used mine for mostly agricultural tasks, which is why it looks so antique :D
I got it via an Indian friend who bought it through a program where the Nepalese bladesmith's get a fair price for their work so they don't have to churn out rubbish for the souvenir market. It was made from the leaf spring of a Mercedes truck, believe it or not...
It takes a wicked edge and is my first choice of edged weapon when the zombie apocalypse arrives - that or my Tomahawk :D

I wouldn't let them get close enough for edged weapons...it's all about fire, man, fire

I think I could probably find three rifles around here if I look hard enough ;)
I don't currently have a shotgun though....

Wish I still owned this...

P1030026.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back