Sign of the times?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
It just occurred to me that over the years, there has been a decline in the use of sigs...

This forum was well know across the 'net for it's great sigs (and seasonal sigs) and I'm just wondering what's happened?

I never made one because:

1) I don't know how and didn't want to bother anyone
2) Never could decide what I wanted
3) Thought it would slow down the page loading
4) I'm lazy

I love the look of everyones though...

I never made one because:

1) I don't know how and didn't want to bother anyone
2) Never could decide what I wanted
3) Thought it would slow down the page loading
4) I'm lazy

I love the look of everyones though...
lol...it's not a bother...we have some VERY talented folks here who are more than happy to help out...Wurger, Marcel and NJACO are great at helping with sigs...just put a request in and everyone will jump in and lend a hand!

As far as indicision goes, well, I solved that by just leaving mine the same after all these years...but you can change them as often as you want...some members used to change thier every few months (no names here...but YOU know who you are...)

Doesn't slow the page loading at all...there's a size limit and even at the maximum size, it's small in file (KB) and doesn't effect the loading at all :)

Ahh yes...lazy...I do that very well, myself! :thumbleft:

No idea how to make one either, though Alex (Heinz) and Cory (catch22) both kindly offered to do one for me years ago. Thought it would be too showy and unnnecessary (especially for short posts), though like Jim I do like everyone else's. Did want an avatar however, and what I have is thanks to Jim (Dragonsinger).

If I do ever get one done, it would be Uncle George's Spitfire PR.XIX, PS888 'The Last!'. Have received permission from Brian Rose to use one of his photographs should I do so.

Does seem a decline in them, which is a shame. Easy enough to do them (I thought there was a tutorial somewhere in this section), even then, there are many who will help.

They don't really alter the page loading times at all nowadays because pretty much everyone has broadband...

I like mine too much to change it, might update it after I qualify though (in a similar vein to my user title) ;)

Yup, noticed it, too as I already remarked in another thread. I myself am as guilty of the decline as anyone else as I haven't made a new one for myself for more than a year. The one I have now is an older one that I used before and happen to like. Probably because My kids are growing up, absobing more time. I never do seasonal siggies as I actually dislike them. Fine for others to do, but not for me.
I still want to revive my practising gimp thread. I could also revive the tutorial I once made (sticky in this forum) if there are requests, but I'll probably need a push in that direction :D

Life sure has a way of intervening with things we want to do, doesn't it, Marcel!

I have a ton of projects I've wanted to get done, but things come up and these projects end up gathering dust...

Rogi...I'm sure that a Christmas themed sig can be made for you easily enough!

Life sure has a way of intervening with things we want to do, doesn't it, Marcel!

I have a ton of projects I've wanted to get done, but things come up and these projects end up gathering dust...

Rogi...I'm sure that a Christmas themed sig can be made for you easily enough!
yup, there was a time that I contributed a lot to this forum, it has declined somewhat :). First 4000 posts came quickly, now already 2 years ago and did not make th 5000 yet.

I didn't even notice I hit 1,000 till you mentioned the huge totals you had :D Mr.Marcel :)

If anyone is up for making a Merry sig I'd greatly appreciate it :D just let me know so I can pm you with a request.

For anyone who loves aviation and steam! 8) Doesn't get much better!

ChasingTheDaylight_Phillips.jpg

I didn't even notice I hit 1,000 till you mentioned the huge totals you had :D Mr.Marcel :)

If anyone is up for making a Merry sig I'd greatly appreciate it :D just let me know so I can pm you with a request.

I've been here a tad longer than you ;). You should look at some of the guys here who can post 3 times as much as me in half of the time. Btw congrats on your 1000th :occasion5:

@Lucky, is that a request?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back