Simplified T-Shirt design...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
...nothing ventured, nothing gained - and with zero income these past 2 months, it's time to think about a simplified design that will actually sell... :|

Anyhow, here are three 'possibles' and as always, opinions/criticisms greatly appreciated.

Here is Idea 1:

Attachments

• Idea1.jpg
    Idea1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Nice stuff but my marketing brain is kicking in....

They're making a Flying Tigers movie. Start making Flying Tigers merchandise (prints, t-shirts, JACKETS, T-shirts with the "Laundry Ticket" on the back.. I'd buy one!) now... If you have a web site, start doing search engine optimization (SEO) for Flying Tigers NOW (i can give you SEO tips). if you dont have a shopping cart enabled web site... build one. it's easy..

Interest in the Flying Tigers will peak for a while... If it's a great movie, the peak will be a very long one. The key is SEO... get your keywords and phrases solidified now so the search engines see you as a resource for the Flying Tigers... 80 percent of the battle is driving traffic to your site.

Oh yeah.. your illustrations are great!!:D

Laundry Ticket on the back!....
flying+tiger.jpg

611.gif

http://www.wingsamerica.com/webart/products/small/611.jpg

Last edited:
#3 is the best, have you considered making the flag appear to be waving, instead of flat?

No 3 is far ahead of the others, so that is settled. :)

A wavy flag eh? Well I am willing to try that...

Attachments

• Curtiss_P40E_USSR_flagwave.jpg
    Curtiss_P40E_USSR_flagwave.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Curtiss_P40E_USSR_1.jpg
    Curtiss_P40E_USSR_1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 282
Hmm... looking at it again, bearing in mind the flag is 'sort of' a background detail, I like the flat square version better as it distracts less from the plane. (The flag in all cases is at 30% visibility by the way)

A couple more variations just to show what the whole series might be like:

Attachments

• Curtiss_P40E_Australia_1.jpg
    Curtiss_P40E_Australia_1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 284
  • Curtiss_P40E_Brazil_1.jpg
    Curtiss_P40E_Brazil_1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 332
And of course these:

Attachments

• Curtiss_P40E_GB_1.jpg
    Curtiss_P40E_GB_1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 242
  • Curtiss_P40E_Turkey_1.jpg
    Curtiss_P40E_Turkey_1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 246
Oh, just another question...

Should I organize these by country, or aircraft type?

At the moment I have added 2 sections for my 2 new designs, but.. I don't know whether to just drop them into the country sections and replace all the squadron badge designs...?

Clavework Graphics

Any thoughts?

I was looking through your site Clave and I like the way you have it....by airplane type.

I'm trying to get permission from the boss (my wife) to make an order with you. I just have to make sure we have the spare funds to do it. I would love to have a Flying Tigers jacket but I'm sure I can't afford that. Do you have hats? If so, I didn't see them on your site.

Also, when I try to look at the T-shirts, there isn't a link to actually see one.

It's all being changed around, I will put up links when I have fixed some more stuff.

I decided after much deliberation, to keep the country as the first port of call, then have aircraft sections within each country...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back