Site Update

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You guys are a bunch of crying babies :lol:
Updating software is something to be done very carefully as not to loose data. You make sure no data is lost in the process and basic functionality is implemented, to shorten the down-time. The very last you do is the art-work and details. But I'm glad that stupid Christmas banner is gone :)

Horse:
- The google message that this is an infected site is gone. Don't know what you did, but you did the right thing.
- The site is much faster then I remember, again: good job.
- there is still something wrong with the user-management as I don't seem to be able to access the index-page of Home.
- Can you tell us about the Blog functionality?

the message is still there for Firefox, tho

Whatever they might be, however long they may take, I'm just glad that the forum is up and running again, it was and surely will be worth the wait. Missed the verbal abuse from you guys and give some back! :lol:

You do a great job horseUSA, it's just a necessary frustration for the member when upgrading. I guess this old fart likes to whinge a bit when things get changed is all, never is pointed directly at you.

The thing I would like to see return is merely the quick keys, our own posts, recent posts, replied to posts, that kind of thing. Just so accessing happens with the fewest steps.

One would be adding pictures in posting, just seems to be too many options to choose from before I get to accessing my pictures to add in the post. I haven't a clue why one sees all the pictures that Have been posted. I'm creating a New post, so won't be choosing one of them anyway, you know?

Thanks to David and all involved for your time, work and dedication. AND the site certainly seems to be quicker!
BTW, where's the 'Coffee, white, with sugar' button?!!!!

ABW- Went to "My Profile" and it does show my posts but just for the last two days so I'm still looking for that "My replies" button. Also what is that second button on the top left that looks like a red fraction 10/9 or 8/10. What do those numbers indicate?
Also the first button "New Posts" then the red fraction gives you "View All new Posts" and "Today"s Posts" all three seem to show pretty much the same postings. Me confused

That drops a window down with a lot of very usable things in it. Don't be afraid to smack a button. See where it takes you. You can always get back. I have gotten very lost a few times but I'm finding a lot of neat stuff.:lol:

Last edited:
Keep up the good work horse. A couple of questions;

1. Is it a function of the new forum system that there is the bar above each siggy to magnify????? Does that need to be there?

2. As well, all the space taken up by a single line message just adds to the number of pages to each thread.

3. Can it be set up for the attachments to re-size to the size of the browser, like the text does? Personally I don't fill my screen with my browser. This is so I can got to mail or explorer uninterrupted.

4. The word "started" in the posts is kinda redundant.

5. cheers, Bill

1) Pictures over a certain size limited are automatically resized. As some siggies exceed this they are resized, hence the bar.

2) That size is pretty standard for all forms of VBulletin, not sure it can be changed.

3) Should be possible, currently linked images auto-resize. So no reason why attached ones can't either.

4) To a degree yes, but it does serve a purpose.

Alder, I did that and it's pretty much like the search function and it only goes back to the 27th ot this month. The old "My Replies" showed everything I had replied to for the last year or so, darker if there had been a new post in that thread. I'm not being critical, just miss that function.
Then there are 4 buttons that do the essentially same thing: New posts, What's New, and two more under that red fraction button: View all new posts Today's posts. What do those red numbers mean? Again no criticism, just want information, there is no instruction manual and not everything is intuitively obvious

Marcel, thank you, but that seems to be a manual for Horse and the mods who install, use, and run the forum software. And personally I can't make heads or tail out of it. I only want a few questions answered: in simple terms

Alder, I did that and it's pretty much like the search function and it only goes back to the 27th ot this month. The old "My Replies" showed everything I had replied to for the last year or so, darker if there had been a new post in that thread. I'm not being critical, just miss that function.
Then there are 4 buttons that do the essentially same thing: New posts, What's New, and two more under that red fraction button: View all new posts Today's posts. What do those red numbers mean? Again no criticism, just want information, there is no instruction manual and not everything is intuitively obvious

Interesting because when I do that on my profile, it lets me see all of my posts. I just got done looking at posts from back in 2004.

Alder, honest, I've tried it several times and it only brings up 12 posts, the last on one 2/27? Is there something I'm not doing or some setting I need to change?
Maybe because you are a mod you have more privilege on such functions?

Alder, honest, I've tried it several times and it only brings up 12 posts, the last on one 2/27? Is there something I'm not doing or some setting I need to change?
Maybe because you are a mod you have more privilege on such functions?
I have to agree that something is not working properly. When I click on your "Find all posts" link I only see 17 posts and February 27/2011 is as far back they go.
Mikewint: Search Results - Aircraft of World War II - Warbird Forums

I only get 18 posts when I click on my link. February 26th, 2011 is as far back as my "Find all Posts" link takes me. I thought it was working the other day when I was logged into the site. ***scratches head***
Wheelsup_cavu: Search Results - Aircraft of World War II - Warbird Forums

Your "Find all Started threads" link seems to be working properly. It goes back to February/17/2010 which is your join date.

My "Find all Started threads" link works, " sort of. When I click on the Page 2 link I get an error when I am logged into the site. (I will have to confirm this hasn't changed but the other day when I logged out the link to page 2 worked but logging in broke it again.)
The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back