Site Update

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
Mar 10, 2003
Florida, USA
ww2aircraft.net
Site is back up and obviously a bit different. Work on the site required an update to latest version of forum software. There will most likely be some bumps ahead as users get use to new features and operations. Please feel free to ask questions and post issues. Also suggestions are welcome.

I am getting an error message when I click the Home link.

Home | Forum | Blogs | What's New?

Home link shortcut: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/content/
wheelsup_cavu, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home .

Wheels

Updating a site doesn't happen overnight, even with a six-pack of RedBulls and a cattleprod. Just gonna take some gettin used to.

<<swaps battery pack on cattleprod>>

I do believe Horse is still working on it. Just like last time it will take a few days to get things back to normal like we (CLOWNS) like it. We just need to be patient.:) Of course I could also be wrong.:oops:

Good thing that I've got my local waterhole just around the corner while waiting, not done overnight....looking forward to the updates!

Beer anyone and I mean proper beer!

You guys are a bunch of crying babies :lol:
Updating software is something to be done very carefully as not to loose data. You make sure no data is lost in the process and basic functionality is implemented, to shorten the down-time. The very last you do is the art-work and details. But I'm glad that stupid Christmas banner is gone :)

Horse:
- The google message that this is an infected site is gone. Don't know what you did, but you did the right thing.
- The site is much faster then I remember, again: good job.
- there is still something wrong with the user-management as I don't seem to be able to access the index-page of Home.
- Can you tell us about the Blog functionality?

Thanks

Correct, there are more features available with this version of the software. I plan to open them up to the users shortly. I do still have some minor tweaks to perform, and also replace the current template/layout scheme. Please bear with me.

You guys are a bunch of crying babies :lol:
Updating software is something to be done very carefully as not to loose data. You make sure no data is lost in the process and basic functionality is implemented, to shorten the down-time. The very last you do is the art-work and details. But I'm glad that stupid Christmas banner is gone :)

Horse:
- The google message that this is an infected site is gone. Don't know what you did, but you did the right thing.
- The site is much faster then I remember, again: good job.
- there is still something wrong with the user-management as I don't seem to be able to access the index-page of Home.
- Can you tell us about the Blog functionality?

I agree, Grau...I don't much like this one...I miss seeing the planes on the header.

The banner with the planes will be back. It just has to be uploaded. Just a lil more patience.

I think a lot of people don't realize that this forum is not everyone's full time job. We the mods and the staff (especially Horse who is doing all the updating) have jobs and families that come before the forum. We do this on the side and enjoy it, but sometimes things take time, and sometimes changes take time.

So please everyone be patient and give Horse a break!

I hope we're going to get back all those helpful links like "My Threads" and "Todays Posts". And posting pictures seems to be a lot more difficult. :(

Use the button "Whats New" up top.

Like I said guys, things are going to be weird at first.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris

Let me expain:
The old site was running vb3.x (forum software) and to fix the malware issue it required moving the site to vb4.x. However, the template(layout) system between the two is incompatible. Thus all work I had done on the old site has to be restarted using new system. The main reason for the unexpected jump in software versions was to clear the important malware issue! So that being said, the new vb4.x is different in function than old site. I admit that, but also there are some nice additions to function due to the new software, which will require a bit of learning. I plan to take advantage of some of these new options such as blogs and article creation to enhance the site experience. However, this will take time as there is only so many hours in the day. I am open to suggestions on what you miss from old site, what you like/don't like about new site etc.. However, keep in mind that this is the new platform for the site so please try to take the time to explore and learn the new options. As I have said before use this section of the site to ask questions. If you have a question on something be sure that others have similar questions, so it would benefit many.
Thanks
David

Well siad Horse and thank-you and your colleagues for all your efforts in keeping our home healthy.

I've already discovered that, in uploading photos, you can slect a whole bunch at once, unlike the old system where you had to pick each one individually.

Is there any way to make the threads with unread posts to show up a much darker color than threads that have already been read? Sometimes its hard to tell the difference...especially before the morning caffeine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back