SNIPER SHOT DISTANCE RECORD SHATTERED

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That shot was 3.5 Kms away and bullet time was 10 seconds to travel.
That's over 2 miles.
That's pretty amazing.

That's a distance of 2.199 MILES! The Earth curvature at that distance would be 38.7 inches or very close to a meter drop not to mention he was shooting downward and any wind over that distance. The McMillan rifle he used fires a .50 cal round and is advertised as having an effective range of 3750m. Doesn't say but the Canadian military standard is a 16X scope. Break open the Piggy Bank you're looking at about $9000 for the civilian version with a good scope
Going to be a LONG time before anyone tops that shot

View: https://youtu.be/ysF8WFAihoE

I wonder could he do it again?I am not doubting skills by no means just have seen other snipers try to replicate shots just out to a mile same equipment no luck.This is most likely to do with a whole set of parameters coming into play wind,humidity,drafts more than I would ever think of.A remarkable shot never-less.

Their giving the spotter most of the credit, he's got to figure in all the parameters to make that shot count. As a shooter/hunter it's amazing how much harder it starts to get after 200 yards to keep a consistent bullseye even with excellent equipment. To do that sniper shot shot is just amazing.

A lot of unknowns about this shot, ammo, wind, temp, pressure, elevation, ect. But... Using .50 BMG 750gr Hornady A-max with a G7 drag, 0 degree angle, zeroed at 1000yds, and no wind. The bullet drop at 3000 yds (2745m) would be 174 FEET(53m)!! At the target distance of 3540m (3870yds) the bullet drop is 374ft (114m)!!!!
I have no idea how a scope could be adjusted for that kind of drop

I figured that sooner or later some "experts" would weigh in on this shot. A great video with actual scope views and a discussion on the radical corrections that needed to be made. One thing I forgot to consider is that the bullet would be dropping at over 30 degrees at that range. If you watch the entire video the impossibility of this shot is astounding to say the least.
Couple of other points that were made: Was this a "target rich" environment and he shot at the group hoping to hit something. Was he able to fire more than one shot thus ranging his shots like artillery? Who and how was the shot confirmed since at 2.3 miles the best optics in the world cannot show details

View: https://youtu.be/bzwY6jIwr2o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back