some F35 info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think these are the biggest points the anti-F-35 community either don't understand or choose to ignore.

The quote from Lt.Gen David Deptula (ret) has stuck fast with me ever since I read it; "I've said for years and will continue to do so until the defense troglodytes finally get it (and some are slowly coming around)—5th generation aircraft are not 'fighters'—they are 'sensor-shooters' optimized for different threat regimes, and can perform the roles of "F," "B," "A," "RC," "E," "EA," and AWACS aircraft of the past."

From post 573 over six years ago (yikes!).

We're transitioning to a world were air superiority is no longer important as it was in the past but rather it's having a superior information network, so you always know where to direct your highly automated weapons. First combatant to take down or jam the network of the enemy is the one who will win, regardless of the number of forces on the ground/sea/air because the opposing forces will be essentially blind and no longer trained to operate on their own and, at the same time, possessing weapon systems whose offensive capacity is greatly diminished without coordination from the outside.

Imagine landing on top of another plane parked on the deck. That would have been epic! :salute:

"Sorry sir, my aircraft experienced a little malfunction, I'll take this one instead!"
It is funny because no one was hurt, normally I would say heads will roll after this but they wont, I saw a documentary on the Queen Elizabeth, it came over as an outward bound bonding experience for young people, like they have on sailing ships.

Germany joins the party.

Germany will purchase American-made F-35 fighter jets capable of carrying nuclear weapons in its first major defence deal since Berlin's landmark decision to inject €100bn into the country's armed forces.

Christine Lambrecht, German defence minister, said the F-35s, made by America's Lockheed Martin, would replace some of the country's ageing Tornado aircraft that have been flying since the 1980s. Germany will also upgrade its Eurofighter Typhoon jets for electronic warfare, she said.

EDIT: looks like Financial Times behind a paywall. Pointless link removed.

This popped into my news feed. Just sharing it for fun because it resurrects "info" that's 7 years old. Every article on military topics that I've seen from EurAsian Times appears to have a strong anti-Western spin. It almost seems lime it's a Russian propaganda vessel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back