Some Old pictures I took in Vietnam

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ontos

Tech Sergeant
Mar 8, 2009
Riverside, California
Most of these picture were taken by me and some were taken from my Cruise Book. Just an old instamatic camera so no high resolution :)

Ribbon.jpg

uh34.jpg

mulepickup.jpg

mule.jpg

Last edited:
Ontos.... do I see Monkey Mountain in the first pic of your post # 4 ? If so... oh my, spent quite a bit of time on
the USMC base on the top.... Good pic's, thanks for sharing...

Charles

Thanks all, glad you like the pictures. The pictures were taken in 1967. The black and white pictures were from my Cruise Book. The docked ship is my ship the USS Duluth, she was decommissioned a couple of years ago and salvaged. The picture of the docked ship was taken while in American Samoa on our way to Nam. The Mh-53 with the howitzer had a lot of problems. The crazy weather in Nam rotted the hoisting straps and they broke dropping the weapon to the deck, I took a few pictures of it. The heat and dampness played havoc with equipment there. During my tour aboard the Duluth I was an Aviation Boatswains Mate. Took care of the choppers, refueling, arming etc. I was wondering if anyone out there would recognize "Monkey Mountain" LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back