SPAMMERS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Being the first to report them is like getting the engine on a lonnnng train on a strafing run!
To quote another...... takka-takka-tak.
Does anyone keep score of first reports? We could have a "kill card" added to our sig! Wonder what we could use as a kill icon????

Brilllliant!

Attachments

• spamm kills.jpg
    spamm kills.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 144
I don't understand how you spot a spammer on this site?
Can some one tell me please.
Ta
John

There are 2 types of spammers: 1) A spam-bot which is a program to spam sites and 2) an actual human who is too stupid to use a spam-bot.

They usually post nonsense that has no relation to the topic, thread or forum. Bots use very bad chinglish and human spammers usually have a link in their siggy or post. There are others but that's a quick synopsis.

I don't understand how you spot a spammer on this site?
Can some one tell me please.
Ta
John

Here's what I look for John.

Capture44.JPG

Nonsensical names, some with numbers attached(in red). Please note the handsome young fellow in green is not a spammer. Shooter in yellow.

Capture7.JPG

This is usually, though not always a spammer. I look in their profile and if no country is mentioned, usually a spammer. Just curious why one has to wait for a minute every time a spammer is reported. Don't know yet how to merge photos together but I was thinking something in the lines of this. The first superimposed over the second.

Geo

surveyor1.png
Spam.png

Last edited:
Here's what I look for John.

View attachment 230329

Nonsensical names, some with numbers attached(in red). Please note the handsome young fellow in green is not a spammer. Shooter in yellow.

View attachment 230330

This is usually, though not always a spammer. I look in their profile and if no country is mentioned, usually a spammer. Just curious why one has to wait for a minute every time a spammer is reported. Don't know yet how to merge photos together but I was thinking something in the lines of this. The first superimposed over the second.

Geo

View attachment 230331View attachment 230332

Blimey..I would never have thought to look for that in a month of Sundays !!
Keep up the spam free work guys
Cheers
John

Yesterday I noticed ten of them trying to spam again....

spamer's attack2.jpg

But today they hit the number of 12 at the same time... fortunately all of them had been kicked away.

spamer's attack3.jpg

I think 'spam markings' might need to be designed then... like the many different types of 'kill markings', their could be different classes of 'spam kills'; The Ranter, Grammerless Yoyo, Deh Lysdeksic, The Linker etc..

Mmm then again, this is having all the makings of Python-escque sketch that involves airforce looking types, instead of this ...erm
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Last edited:
Perhaps it's possible to incorporate into the forum 'system', a message, activated when someone makes their very first post.
Something along the lines of "NOTE: If you are a genuine aviation enthusiast, please carry on, and welcome. If you are diminishing what few brain cells you have by pointlessly posting 'spam' or other meaningless rubbish on this site, then use the little intelligence you possess to **** OFF !!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back