spitfire MKvb jan zumbach

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guy's

couldn't get on yesterday kept coming up DATABASE EORROR?

will keep trying to put pics up.

this is the first and last 1/24 model i buy to big:oops:

Keith

Yep..there was a problem wirh MySQL database.But it has been fixed by Horse.I hope you don't have any problems with the forum application now.

HI Wurger

it's running fine now, it looks like it's faster

I had some problems with the model, i had to cut and add some bits here and there.
Back on track now.should be finished the building part middle of next week and then painting starts. After that the dreaded decals ( which i hate to put on ) the big decals are ok but it's the tiny ones i hate.

Can't do much today as my wrists and hands are swollen bl**dy arthritis :evil:
PLUS my dog will not let me do much modelling as he hates me being out of the room, he cry's and scratches on the door and barks :oops: going to change my work room so he can with me

Keith

Yes it looks like the application runs faster.That's good.

And I understand about your dog.:) Pets need be with a human together much more than people do.
Oh ... I'm sorry to hear you suffer from the arthritis.I think Airframes does have the same.

What problems with the model did you encounter?

thanks Wurger

Terry do's suffer with arthritis aswell.

On the model front i had trouble fitting the engine and also the fitting of the cannon covers, but its sorted now

Keith

Of course it is up to you Keith if you can start these 1/48 scale kits.But taking a few troubles with our health ( you aren't alone :lol:) into consideration these bigger models are a very good solution.Ask Terry, I doubt he would like to work on something smaller that the 1/48 scale one.

thanks Wurger

Just trying to save some money as the 1/24 cost £42 and checking on the web sites 1/48 is cheaper by half on some models.

Hi rochie

I buy models from models for sale they are good better than my local shop model active which is cheap

i have to save like mad as i am unemployed

I know those situations Keith! But check out model hobbies - as Karl said, they've got some good deals, and the postage charge is a flat rate of £3.30, no matter how many items. OK, some of the 'shop' prices are the same, but overall they're good. All of their items are pictured, and their delivery is normally pretty quick. the worst I had was 5 days, over a weekend, and the best was next day.
As for 1/48th, it's a good scale to work to for a number of reasons. They allow decent sized models with good detail, don't take up as much room as the larger scales, and, on average are a third or half the price of 1/32nd and above. Wojtek is right, unless it was a bomber sized kit, 1/72nd is too small for me these days, due to the RA. I'd love to be able to do some for certain projects, such as a 80 year history of 56 or 43 Squadron, as it would cost about a quarter of the price, and there are many more aircraft types available, but the small size would mean poorer quality of work for me I'm afraid.
Financially, I'm in a similar situation, as I can no longer work full time, relying mainly on my Private pension and disability allowance, so I've started to plan ahead, and intend getting particular kits for particular projects, with the group builds really helping to focus at least some of the efforts. Of course, like most of us, given the cash, I'd probably buy the contents of the average model shop!

HI Terry

i agree with you on everything i have emailed modelhobbies to see if they accept payment by recorded delivery. as i don't have a bank account, any way i prefer to pay by cash.

if i was good enough i would attempt a group build but i am not good enough

Keith mate , don't exaggerate.....please. I'm sure you can enter the GB.We would be very happy to see you in action. It doesn't matter if you are skilled enough or you are not.We want you to be with us together here in the forum , so please start a project.

I'm with Wojtek on that one! It doesn't matter if a person is the best modeller in the world, or the worst! It literally is the taking part that counts. It's not just the model building itself, it's also the shared research, the helping of each other, across the world, with information and advice, and the help and coaching that is on offer to all. We all learn something new, no matter how long we've been at it, or how good a person might be, But, above all, it's the 'camaraderie', and the re-creation of a small part of history in miniature.

don't get me wrong i would love to give it a try but it all comes down to that person ( me ) i have'nt the nerve

or ( can't think straight as i am half drunk ) brave enough to try a group build YET? lol

it's the only time i get to drink a weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back