Star Wars, Star Trek and others....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Space Shuttle Enterprise was called that due to people wanting it renamed in honor of Star Trek and had nothing to do with what it meant.

I had no idea it was originally going to be called the Yorktown, but I'm glad they ended up naming another Star Ship that, even though it was destroyed.

I don't think I've ever heard a German named ship. American, Russian, British and Japanese, but don't recall a German one.

Couldn't resist! :lol:

Anyway:
NCC-14232 Berlin, Excelsior class

NCC-1856 Emden, German city and WWI German cruiser

There's several more...

By the way, did you know that the NCC-62158 Akagi (Rigel class) was named after the IJN carrier?

I like Star Wars, But I've been a die-hard trekkie all my life. I've got the Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise Refit, the cadet series 1/2500 trio 1701, 1701-A, and 1701-B, and I also got the 1701-D. Round 2 models has a ton of great Star Trek kits out

Dude, NICE!
There's actually quite a few related to WWII (and other wars)
NCC-42296 Hood (Excelsior class) namesake of HMS Hood battleship
NCC-57566 Kearsarge (Challenger class) namesake of USS Kearsarge of Civil War notoriety (sank CSS Alabama)
NCC-1710 Konga (Constitution class) namesake of IJN Konga battleship
NCC-173/NCC-1697 Essex (Daedalus/Constitution class) namesake of US Carrier and Royal Navy

I'll look for more...

NCC-61827 Merrimack (Nebula class) namesake of the confederate ironclad (CSS Virginia)
NCC-61826 Monitor (Nebula class) namesake of the ironclad USS Monitor (nemesis of the Merrimack)
NCC-31910 Nautilus (Miranda class) namesake of Captain Nemo's submarine
NCC-2544 Repulse (Excelsior class) namesake of HMS Repulse
NCC-74210 Valiant (Defiant class) namesake of HMS Defiant
NCC-9754 Victory (Constellation class) namesake of Lord Nelson's flagship, HMS Victory
NCC-71807 Yamato (Galaxy class) namesake of IJN Yamato

Still more to come :lol:

Last edited:
Well, that's about all I could find that were WWII related.

An interesting note here: The American Revolutionary names given the Federation starships were in direct proportion to the U.S. carriers that served in the Pacific.

For the Star Wars fan....

Screen-5_f60225cd-c816-47a4-a4c5-0d3ab020255a_grande_zps4tkl3w7j.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back