Star Wars, Star Trek and others....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now remember I did these about 30 years ago back in High school

3 ) Edgar Rice Burroughs' "At the Earths Core" Subterranean Digging Vehicle

We must have been watching the same show. Here is my Subterranean Digging Vehicle! :D
Scan_Pic0004_resize.jpg

Pellucidar!!! Awesome! I remember (vaguely) reading a lot of Mr. Burroughs' stories as a kid, and looked em up on Gutenberg. They're all public domain now, therefore free to download in just about any format you can ask for! I don't have an e-reader, but do have the Adobe Reader app on my Android, so I just open the HTML version, CTRL-A to copy everything, CTRL-C into a Word doc, then print to CutePDF (another free program for your computer that converts anything into PDF format). It actually takes about teh same amount of time to type it out as it does to actually do it.

Links here (not selling anything, and I'm not associated with either site, other than being a frequent user of their product. They're paying me nothing for posting this):

Edgar Rice Burroughs

CutePDF (click the "Free Download" link on the left, after installing you will get a message prompting you to download/install the Free Converter, you'll need that too. Once installed, it will show up in your printer list, and to use, just print any file and select the CutePDF printer)

Maybe not a drawing but the other day I went to a local discount store and in the $3 DVD bin I found "Star Trek Fan Collection: Time Travel". Apparently its part of whole series of DVDs about ST. Inside were five DVDs with episodes of time travel from ST:TOS, ST:TNG, ST: DS9 and Voyager. Pretty freaking cool for $3!!!!

41KX3EGV30L.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! what a cool DVD to find. I always liked the time travel episodes, ever since the first one in the original one. Love the F-104 in that episode.

Hey, you know that would be a great unofficial GB, Favorite aircraft from Movies or TV???? what do you think?

Last edited:
For those of us in England/UK Today Gerry Anderson Died today, he created Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet and others

Was just wondering, with all the Sci-Fi fans around here, how many used to, still do or have have kids that draw/design their own spaceships after each movie, episode or whatever?

Come on, spill the beans! ;)

Oh yea, Still do strangely enough.

Thanks for the heads up on Gerry Anderson. Loved his Captain Scarlet, used to watch it when stationed in Oak Harbor Washington. Then when the kids came saw some of the episodes again. Then there was the ITC series UFO and Space 1999 which featured the jump suit clad Barbara Bain wife of actor and costar Martin Landau. This thread certainly brings back many memories of my nerdy youth. (Youth? still a card carrying nerd) (FInally threw away my Justice League of America membership card last year, age 65). Or maybe it was my Rinky Dink invisible crayons.. can't remember which. Favorite cartoon show of all time? Roger Ramjet.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIbFJmCUxsA

Last edited:
In 1964 Gene Roddenberry first proposed the Star Trek series to NBC. The central starship in that proposal was indeed the USS Yorktown named after the WWII aircraft carrier and the last major battle of the Revolutionary War. The art director for the original series had an aviation background which lead him to use NCC (NC is an international recognition code for US aircraft. The second C was just to make it different.). The 1701 was his 17th model and the first of that series. USS is United Space Ship.
There have been several Enterprises:

1. NX-01 Mankind's first warp 5 starship Jonathan Archer's ship in the Enterprise Series
2. NCC-1701 Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser; Captains: Robert April(2245-2250), Christopher Pike(2250-2265), James T. Kirk(2265-2270), Willard Decker(2270-2271), James T. Kirk(2271-2285) destroyed in orbit over the Genesis Planet to keep it out of Klingon hands (Star Trek III)
3. NCC-1701-A Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser; Captains: Admiral Kirk demoted to Captain (Star Trek V and Star Trek VI) ordered back to Earth to be decommissioned. In Shattner's novel Ashes of Eden the –A is destroyed.
Roddenberry suggested that the USS Yorktown had been renamed Enterprise-A at the end of Star Trek IV to explain its rapid launch.
4. NCC-1701-B modified Excelsior Class starship; Captains: John Harriman. Launched incomplete with Kirk, Scott, and Chekov as guests on board. Caught in the Nexus Kirk is believed killed in a hull breach. Lost and presumed destroyed in 2329
5. NCC-1701-C Ambassador Class Heavy Crusier; Captains: Rachel Garrett in 2344 the –C responds to a Klingon outpost distress call, battles 4 Romulan warbirds, passes through a temporal rift to 2366 where the Federation and Klingons are at war, meets the Enterprise-D which assists in repairs; the –D and –C are attacked by Klingons; Garrett is killed but the –C returns through the rift and the original battle with the Romulans to restore the timeline.
6. NCC-1701-D Galaxy Class Explorer; Captains: Jean-Luc Picard (2364) began a 7-year mission. In 2371 attacked by a Klingon Bird-of-Prey a warp core breach destroyed the star-drive section. However the saucer section had already separated but the shock wave from the core breach drove it into Veridian III where it crash landed.
7. NCC-1701-E Sovereign Class Starship; Captains: Jean-Luc Picard (2372) Data (android B-4) after Picard retires. The Enterprise-E is the ship of Star Trek First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis
8. NCC-1701-F Odyssey Class Starship; Captains: Va'Kel Shon (2409) From Star Trek Online
9. NCC-1701-G Efficacy Class Battleship; 2452 lead the Federation war against the Romulan Star Empire for 15 years Lost in 2467
10. NCC-1701-H Endurance Class Federation Starship (2469) Originally the USS Endurance NX-90000
11. NCC-1701-J Federation Starship in the 26th century. In 2153 Captain Jonathan Archer was transported to the Enterprise-J to witness the battle of Procyon V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back