Still Cleaning up...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There are literally millions of UXO's from WWI and WW2 buried all over Europe just waiting to be found.

Every demolition, excavation or new building works started in Plymouth since the end of WW2 has unearthed unexploded bombs from the blitz.
Its so common, that it barely warrants a mention in the local news.
God only knows what ordnance lie in German soil...
I doubt if Europe will ever be free from two world wars worth of ordnance.

Every demolition, excavation or new building works started in Plymouth since the end of WW2 has unearthed unexploded bombs from the blitz.
Its so common, that it barely warrants a mention in the local news.
God only knows what ordnance lie in German soil...
I doubt if Europe will ever be free from two world wars worth of ordnance.

It is a daily thing. We were camping one time down in Bavaria near the alps, and found an unexploded bomb in the camp site. Needless to say we were camping at another location.

Here's a couple of pics taken by my mate Mick, on the annual pilgrimage of the 'Sutton Pals' to Ypres and 1st World War battle fields in October this year. The shells are in a small museum, one of literally hundreds in villages, towns, farms etc, and the shell cases stacked near a surviving trench behind a cafe!
Once I've had a chance to sit down with Mick and get the details of the all the photos I've filed on my computer for him, I'll post a thread on the visits.

And, If at first you don't succeed, then Bomb Disposal is probably not for you!

Attachments

• Sutton Pals 1.jpg
    Sutton Pals 1.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Sutton Pals 2.jpg
    Sutton Pals 2.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 57
These guys seem to be the modern day heros of the World Wars.

Just was thinking, how many bombs in WWII set off hidden UXO's from WWI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back