Stuka test

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
Ju-87 B2 - first draft test, finished (or near finished) about 10 minutes ago:

Ju87B2_Test.png

Ju-87 B2 - first draft test, finished (or near finished) about 10 minutes ago:

Ju87B2_Test.png

Nicely done !

Two questions...would there have been an 'aiming' sight visible either behind the windshield or along the 'bonnet' ? and that GIB's machine gun looks awfully long and thin...should there be any 'body' behind the glazing or is the barrel actually that long ?.

Dumb questions I know, as I know absolutely s*d all about the Stuka and I have no intention of being 'picky', but just things that spring to mind when looking at your creations on this thread.

As I have allready said, well done. Thats a great profile you've made there.

Keep 'em coming.

Nicely done !

Two questions...would there have been an 'aiming' sight visible either behind the windshield or along the 'bonnet' ? and that GIB's machine gun looks awfully long and thin...should there be any 'body' behind the glazing or is the barrel actually that long ?.

Dumb questions I know, as I know absolutely s*d all about the Stuka and I have no intention of being 'picky', but just things that spring to mind when looking at your creations on this thread.

As I have allready said, well done. Thats a great profile you've made there.

Keep 'em coming.

I'm sure Wojtek could give you the answers to this. He sent me several pic's of German Stuka's when I
was building my balsa/tissue model. I've just looked and can't find them.

Charles

All is Ok with the barrel of the rear MG. Initially the B and R-2 Stukas were armed with MG 15 or MG 17 of long thin barrel and even its main body.Look at the MG drawing and pics. ALso it can be moved up und down and around.So its body couldn't be seen when was down.

Attachments

• MG15.jpg
    MG15.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 240
  • MG15_.jpg
    MG15_.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 238
  • MG15_1.jpg
    MG15_1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Gunsight.jpg
    Gunsight.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 230
  • Gunsight_.jpg
    Gunsight_.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
I drew the MG15 separately as I may need to use it in some future projects.

I have also done this with the MG17, MG131, MG151, and MGFF...

I think it dropped in OK, but the only slight doubt I have is the sights which are standard, and should maybe be the large ring type on the front?

Attachments

• Rear_gun.jpg
    Rear_gun.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 250
  • MG_15.jpg
    MG_15.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 236
Ah, I think the sights do need changing after looking at the pics again - the large ring is at the rear of the gun, and the point at the front - my reference photo seems to be... wrong... :!:

See attached for the reason why I jumped to the wrong conclusion:

Attachments

• MG_15_3.jpg
    MG_15_3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 256
  • MG_15_Ju52.jpg
    MG_15_Ju52.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back