T Bolts Pics (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's a dam big hole you got there Glenn and it's interesting that you have winter storage for boat, though I have heard that it can get a tad windy in Chicago.

Thats actually 3 different holes. One of the main sewers is being rerouted through our job (12' diameter)

Chicago has more movable bridges than any other city in the world, somewhere around 40. Twenty are in the down town area (three shown in my pictures Harrison, VanBuren, and the big double one under construction, Congress parkway. The one used in the Blues Brothers movie is 95th st over the Calumet river which is about 8 miles south of here.

Neat stuff, Glenn. They filmed part of that scene from the Blues Brothers in Milwaukee. For years, Milwaukee had the bridge that went nowhere. I have heard it has since been given a destination.

I just watched "The Dark Knight" last night and the big tan building in the first picture of post #38 is the building that the Jokers men landed on the roof of in the first scene in the movie. They slid down from cables from the black building on the right. The tan building is the old post office. It was supposed to be converted to condos, but the latest I heard is that is is now going to be demolished.

All great shots Glenn, it's amazing how long plants can survive, I have a indoor plant I kept from my father in laws funeral and it's been thriving on a counter top for 18 years. 8)

Not one of my pics but a painting my daughter Laura did at day camp the other day (we recently watched Dark Knight for the first time). It's simple, but somehow it impressed me.

ScannedImage-7.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back