T Bolts Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys :D

Bought in in 1988 and started restoring it right away. I dug up these pictures from back then.

First picture shows it an hour after I bought it in East Peoria with 3 of the fenders and a whole lot of other parts in the bed. Also please note the Milwaukee's Best cans on the running board. It was derivable and I was about to start on the trip back to Chicago. Almost didn't make it due to the radiator core giving out.

Second picture right after we got it home and parked it along side of my dad's driveway (that's him with the pipe) where it sat until the body work was done. Only a couple of weeks. The cab, frame and bed had been done by the guy I bought it from.

2 3 are progress photos and 4 is Sam, the guy across the street that did the Body work and painted it. 5 is the interior, the fuzzy dice weren't long for this world.

The rest are after Sam finished. It still has the ugly turn signal lights and the old H car tires on it. Over the next few years I got rid of them and made a lot of other improvements. Don't hardly recognize that guy standing next to it.(compare to the fat guy pushing the Dock in post #110)
:lol:

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
12.jpg

Last edited:
Just beautiful. Three on the tree?
Four on the floor, Geared real low. The engine is the original 216 with the oil dippers on the bottom of the piston rods so it redlines about 4000 rpm. I don't take it over 50mph. Made the trip from Chicago to Michigan interesting with the 70mph speed limits on the interstates there and in Indiana.

Nice shots Glenn. Looks like you guys had fun cleaning up the yard. And the pick looks great. Even after all these years. If I remember correctly those trucks came with a 5.13 to 1 gear ratio. They will pull anything you put behind them.

Nice shots Glenn. Looks like you guys had fun cleaning up the yard. And the pick looks great. Even after all these years. If I remember correctly those trucks came with a 5.13 to 1 gear ratio. They will pull anything you put behind them.
If I remember right the manual said it has a 4.57 to 1 rear end but that's from memory and I could be wrong. Its pretty low any way. You get up to about 40 mph in 4th and want to shift up again and there's no where to go. It will pull about anything, I've hauled oak lagging packed in to the tops of those wooden side rails and when I brought it to Michigan last fall I had a load of flag stone up to the top of the bed sides. Tried to pull a stump out with it one time but the tires weren't big enough and just dug in, but it didn't stall out.

Just popped in to take a look at your latest pics Glenn, like your ute, like your weekender and what a location on the lake edge, bet the water is cold though, does it ever warm up in the summer?.

The last of the ice had disappeared off the lake the day before those pictures were taken. You can swim by June although the water is still a little chilly then. By July it's warm and the kids are spending all day swimming.

I took these pictures yesterday wile driving home from a weekend in Michigan. I drove the same road on the way there Saturday morning when the snow was still coming down. Visibility 200 feet and speed about 25mph.

1124131649.jpg
1124131639.jpg
1124131639a.jpg
1124131641.jpg
1124131646.jpg

Last edited:
I was in Michigan for most of last week and snowbound for a couple of those days (the car wouldn't make it up the hill. I really need to get a 4x4). Took these pictures of the snow storm and after. Some of the shots are of the same locations during various weather conditions with one thrown in from summer. The lump in the last one is my rowboat.

IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0423.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG
P1000186.JPG

Last edited: