T Bolts Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wish I had a summer place.

Geo
Once in a lifetime luck George. The bottom droped out of the real estate prices and I got the mortgage at the lowest point. Could never have done it otherwise and it will never happen again.

Weather this last weekend was around 40F and felt like spring. My wife said something about how nice it would be in Michigan in out little boat cruising around the lake. I asked her if she thought I had an icebreaker. :lol: That ice is here to stay until spring.

Here are some pictures my wife and I took during a sunset cruse around the lake a few weeks ago.
The shot that looks like the earth from orbit is actually the sky reflected in the water along the side the boat. The picture that looks like a band of fog is really the smoke from bonfires around the lake. My place is the yellow house at the extreme right of the picture

IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0723.JPG
IMG_0725.JPG
IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0733.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0742.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG

Last edited:
Had a bit of rain in Michigan today.
Pictures 1 I now have a new water feature along the side of my garage where the stairway use to be.
Pictures 2-5 My driveway is now what geologist's call a 'Braided river'.
Picture 67 I now also have a my own working scale model of Niagara Falls.
Picture 8 And last the shoreline after the rain. Note how far the end of the dock is from the dry land and the some what soggy fire pit. The lake came up about a foot.

IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG

Last edited:
They say it was 2.5 inches. We have friends that have been on this lake for 20 years and they never saw the water level this high.

No danger, the house is safe and dry with the exception of a plumbing vent pipe I'll need to reseal. I just need a truck load of crushed stone for my driveway, something I planed to do in the fall to correct this drainage issue I knew I had

From what I have read and seen Glenn, you guys over there have had unprecedented amounts of rain fall right across the States this year. Whereas were left wondering if it will ever rain again. In May we just had 13mm and so far this month, just the 1mm.

Anyway Glen, hope you're not subjected to much more wet stuff otherwise you will be needing a truck load of dirt before the gravel, to fill the holes in your drive. You and the family stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back