TA-152 C 1:32 scale by kitbashing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
Thank you very much for your interrest. :D

Meanwhile I sanded the bulges and gave them a coat of primer. The flaps are sawn out from the lower wing part and five openings for the spent catridges of the guns were carved.

zjhr8p.jpg

Have some difficulties in sanding the PC plastic it's a little bit fibrillating. The resin wheell wells cost me an hour to thin down the base. Wonder if I use the wings schortened appropriatly or borrow some from the old Hasegawa FW 190-A. :rolleyes:

Thanks boys for all the encouragement. Will ned it.

I decided to do the lower center wing first. PC-offers only a very diminutive engine canon so I added a better one out of some truck parts. at the end it was a fruitless undertaking because you can't see it when fitted to the wing. From Evergreen channel I made an ejection chute, which at last can be seen. :rolleyes:
For these resin parts no real positive allignement points are on the wing. Method eyeball was used to arrange them which is a little bit tricky because you've to use superglue which allows for very few and quick corrections only. Well luck was with me and I got a fairly correct fit. I hope for it. :dontknow:

2v9xand.jpg

2mc7wnd.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all,

Trying to cut in the guntroughs into the fuselage halves I couldn't get a straight alignement. No pic of this shame. :fucyc: Have to join the fus-halves before giving it a new try. This means of cause finishing the cockpit and the exhausts first.
The cockpit is all PC and me.

wjgcxk.jpg

126efkx.jpg

34qkcd0.jpg

The PC-kit leaves large gaps when you join the fus-halves. Seems there is a pronounced mismatch. My fault with the guntroughs also left some mighty holes. Filling them with putty wouldn't be to good a solution. Spacewolf from LSP gave me the hint. I dissolved sprue pieces in liquid cement and nitro cellulose untill I got a pasty mess. I used it to fill all the gaps and let it dry overnight. First I filed the guntroughs into this "filling" and it was very successful. To get the right viscosity is a lttle bit tricky but practice will teach you.

29nf6fr.jpg

2r3c8iv.jpg

1zbf6nl.jpg

308czdu.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back