TA-152 C 1:32 scale by kitbashing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work! I used some stretched sprue, part dissolved with liquid cement, to fill a wing gap on my Spit VIII - works a treat. It's a 'trick' Wojtek uses frequently I believe.

When I was 15, so 45+ years ago and I enjoyed myself assembling Airfix kits supplied in bags, that was the only way I knew to fill gaps.
Putty wasn't probably existing yet or too expensive for me.
Alberto

Your german is faultless crimea river! :D

I've decided to make the wings with outer parts of the venerable old tool FW 190 A of the seventies. Like their canvas parts more than the items of the current FW from Hasegawa anyway. Some stiffening was done with strips. There will be two landing flaps too which are missed in the PC-kit.

2w4bbr6.jpg

2nlfd4z.jpg

I've difficulties opening this side with Firefox. Every time I do so I get a warning that's an attacking side and can't login. The warning says 124 pages of 213 pages of this webside are infected by malware "malicious software includes one trojan" "malware is hosted in two domains named sccvaxzv.co.cc and nfjcpady.co.cc". Only after disabling the protection in Firefox I'm able to log in. Is there anyone who has the same problem or knows what's going on.

Now back to modelling:
here we go again.
The selfmade putty was a stunning success. The plastic-putty melted into the kits plastic giving a very strong bond. You haven't to fear the seam between plastic and putty anymore. After two days of drying I sanded it without problems and gave it coat of primer.
Here is the result:

2vv9wl5.jpg

rm8vpi.jpg

Thanks Guys,
Finally I joined upper and lower wings and did a trial fit with the fuselage.

11 TA-152 C-022.jpg

Large gaps showed up on the leading edges. No wonder because of the parts mix. I filled them with my special sprue putty. This gives a strong bond as it has the bonding strength of plastic glue.

11 TA-152 C-023.jpg

It is looking Michael.I usually wait till you get some primer before I chime in.The fact being I can not always see the final product till that primer does hit. 8) Cheers

the inner detail of the upper wing is a little weak (as is with the newtool FW). I added some strips to fill the empty space.

11 TA-152 C-024.jpg

Time to marry fuselage and wings. I'm soaked in sweat by only thinking of it.

11 TA-152 C-025.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back