Tamiya- Bf 109E-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well...... I screwed up! I followed Tamiya's decal callout. Live and learn.

I have scoured the resources and have found very few starboard side pictures. One I found from a museum, has the numbers.

Most pictures I have are B&W, and so grainy, it's had to know if they are there or not. That being said; I'm going to go with what I've got. This is going to be a shelf model, so boo boo or not; I 'm ok with it. Besides..... they are way tiny.

I do appreciate your input and I will be more thoughtful on my next build. That's why the forums are so useful.

I'm down to getting the landing gear, canopy, prop, ect. glued on and then a tad of weathering and she'll be all done.

Thanks to all who have followed along and added their comments and encouragements. I'll post finished pics in the complete thread in a day or so.

Thanks.

Greg

Thanks gentlemen!

I got to spend some time on the model today, and have just about got it finished. After a couple of rounds of crawling around on the floor looking for a mass balance weight, which I found an hour later glued to the bottom of my foot. And again, when the gunsight went flying off the tip of my tweezers. I also found that!

The model gods must be telling me something....... time to step away from the bench! So as close as it is to being done, I heeded the warning. Tomorrow is another day.

So here are some pics of today's progress, with a nod to you know who.

Picture 001.jpg
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 007.jpg
Picture 006.jpg

Last edited:
don't you just hate it when you have to fight the 'carpet monster'.

Yeah! The sad thing is ...I have hardwood floors. If you drop something it bounces all over the place.

I'm shooting to finish this one up tonight or tomorrow afternoon, so I'll have some pictures to show then.

One question? Since I'm a noob here, do I post in The Finished Builds or, just post here and let the thread die?

Thanks for all the encouragement..... This has been my best effort to date, and I'm pretty excited to see it so close to finished. And for a ham fisted hack like me, that's saying a lot:lol:

Here it is warts and all!
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 007.jpg
Picture 011.jpg
Picture 012.jpg

I want to thank everyone who's posted to this thread and encouraged me with this model. I appreciate each and every comment, tip, and suggestion. So please don't hesitate to post your thoughts or advise.

Thanks for looking!

Greg

Looks great man. Looking forward to the next one.

BTW, each of your pics is over 2MB in size. Consider saving them at a much lower quality before posting as they take quite long to upload.

If I could only finish my build this week it would be great :D *crosses fingers*

Will you try to take part in any of the upcoming GBs? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back