Tamiya FW-190 A-8/R8

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Pics of my finished 1/48 Tamiya FW 190 A8/R8:

IMG_1015.gif

IMG_0995.gif

IMG_0985.gif

IMG_0997.gif

especially the pilot, one of the best I've ever seen!

Thanks all.

The pilot stands only 27mm tall. He's from the Eduard Luftwaffe ground figures set and he sure tested my patience! I have one of those large magnifying glasses on an extension arm clamped to my bench and it has a fluorescent light on the back to illuminate the work. Couldn't have done it without this tool.

Nice work my friend! Some more pics of the plane possibly? I want a full shot :D

More pics as requested. Unfortunately I already picked my best shots. Need a Macro lens.

Erich, hadn't heard about the writing being in red. I was at the mercy of the decals and photos of the plane didn't lead me to question the yellow. Any references you have would be appreciated as I like to have as much accuracy as possible.

Despite accuracy, the sharper eyed amongst you may catch the fact that I screwed up on the starboard side cross on the wings and misplaced it relative to the port. I didn't notice it until several weeks after I had it on display.

This is the lot:

IMG_0983.gif

IMG_0986.gif

IMG_0991.gif

IMG_1015.gif

IMG_1016.gif

IMG_0990.gif

numerous photos in my private collection of SturmFw's, for text may I refer you too the unsurpassed volume 2 of Lorant/Goyat's JG 300 produced by Eagle Editions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back