Tamiya V1 (Fieseler Fi103) 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lostinhull

Airman 1st Class
Mar 1, 2010
East Riding of Yorkshire
Hi folks,

whilst the family were away at the Olympics this weekend I wanted something quick to throw together and this was just the job. It also identified which of my masking tapes were perishable and needed replacing after not being used for a while.

Starting from here - a quick bit of background, there's a lot of fascinating background on this beast, and some reference pics (from Wikipedia), mostly in very grainy B&W

V1 on cart.jpg

Here's the box:

CIMG2957.JPG

The instructions (such as they are):​

CIMG2958.JPG

And contents - not a lot to the kit, but it only cost me £4 and provided ample entertainment for that price :)

CIMG2959.JPG

CIMG2961.JPG

The trolley goes together really quickly:

CIMG2962.JPG

The fuselage, likewise, it's a good fit with some fine detailing, minimal sanding needed afterwards:

CIMG2963.JPG

CIMG2964.JPG

Within a few minutes you have a passable Vengeance weapon:

P1010002.JPG

Which you can then paint a pretty blue colour (RLM65 but could equally well be RLM76):

P1010005.JPG

Wasn't sure about the trolley so I stuck to RLM02, probably wrong (I do have another of these kits to correct the mistakes of the first):

P1010007.JPG

Bit of dodgy masking and upper fuselage colour (RLM71 is what I plumped for here):

P1010009.JPG

Referred back to my pics of Kermit Weeks' V1 at Fantasy of Flight in Florida:

209.JPG

210.JPG

Then a few decals (quite a few actually), a little shading and some matting and voila!

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010014.JPG

That's it. Just working on a Bf109E1-B - more on that when ready.

Good stuff Paul - would look great in a cameo diorama, being prepared for loading onto the ramp. BTW, the trolley is probably Dark Yellow, the 'sand' colour used as the base colour on all German vehicles of the period.

Thanks Folks, appreciate the comments

Good stuff Paul - would look great in a cameo diorama, being prepared for loading onto the ramp. BTW, the trolley is probably Dark Yellow, the 'sand' colour used as the base colour on all German vehicles of the period.

Dunkelgelb then? Think I have some of that ready for the target (sorry - Tank) my Brother in Law gave me :)

Diorama sounds like a plan - one on the trolley and the other on the ramp - Cheers Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back