Thanksgiving (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have a great Thanksgiving, my fellow yanks. I am just recovering from a nasty stomach bug and ate my first substantial food since Saturday last night, so I have a few pounds to put back on, maybe all in one night! Then the project begins, the home office is getting paint and flooring and I get to do it all. But that's two punches off the honey-do list. ;)

Here is a little funny one I got in the e-mail the other day, how pumpkin pies are made.

Attachments

• PumpkinPie.jpg
    PumpkinPie.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 77
My favorite holiday is here!

We wont be celeptrating until Saturday though. I have to work on Friday and it is just too much stress, cooking for 17 people and then having to work the next day leaving it all to my wife to clean up her self.

Because of this we will be going to the Military Dining Facility at the airfield tomorrow and eating Thanksgiving Dinner with the soldiers. Then on Saturday I will be cooking for 17 people and having a good Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family and have a nice party afterwards with them.

I will be cooking:

Turkey
Glazed Ham
Stuffing
King Crab Legs (possibly)
Shrimp Cocktail
Deviled Eggs
Mashed Potatos
Carrots
Giblet Gravy
Dinner Rolls
Corn on the Cobb
Macaroni and Cheese
Green Bean Casserole
Veggie Platter with Dip
Pumpkin Pie
Blue Berry Pie
Apple Pie

So
do you guys eat turkey now and then again in a month's time?

That's alot of turkey... :)

One of the best things about Thanksgiving is the left over Turkey Day Sandwiches.

I like to take the bread and put some turkey, ham, gravy, green bean casserole, and a bit of Mac And Cheese and put in the micro and heat it up.

But as for a month later at Christmas time, we usually eat wild game for Christmas. Either Deer, Boar or Goose. Usually Boar together with Knoedel (a really good dumpling type thing) and red cabbage.

Last edited:
My favorite holiday is here!

One of the best things about Thanksgiving is the left over Turkey Day Sandwiches.

I like to take the bread and put some turkey, ham, gravy, green bean casserole, and a bit of Mac And Cheese and put in the micro and heat it up.

You and me both on the favorite holiday.
Just jumped on the scale, lost 3 pounds so far this week so I have some room to do some serious eating tomorrow;)
Left over Turkey on bread with gravy on top is one of the best things in the world IMHO.
Have to bake a Chocolate-Pecan Pie tonight, then some Bananna Bread tomorrow morning, that's the extent of my cooking, younger sister does the rest.

Countdown to the feeding frenzy starts now, bring it on!!!

Thank gawd Chris, I thought I was the only one cooking for the multitudes!

Heres what my menu is:

Appetizers
Deviled eggs
Celery w/ cream cheese
Carrots/celery/cauliflower with dip

Main Course
Turkey
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Candied sweet potatoes
Sweet white corn
Zucchini w/ stewed tomatoes
Swedish meatballs
Home-made stuffing
Jellied cranberry sauce
Apple sauce
gravy
dinner rolls

Dessert
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Boston Cream cheese cake
Assorted other cheese cakes

man, I hope I make it through this!!

Thank gawd Chris, I thought I was the only one cooking for the multitudes!

Glad to see you boys doin' the cooking!

Me? I just show up at my sister's and go straight to the cold beer. :)

Have a happy guys, and don't burn the Turkey!

TO

This year I did Thanksgiving because last year I did Passover. There are about 4 holidays with about 4 cooks in the extended family so we switch holidays.

One thing that I'll be forever greatful for, is to call each and everyone of you a FRIEND. You couldn't come closer to my heart, even if we're of the same flesh and blood....

I wish you and your loved ones, a most wonderful Thanksgiving....

Bless each everyone of you! :notworthy:

One thing that I'll be forever greatful for, is to call each and everyone of you a FRIEND. You couldn't come closer to my heart, even if we're of the same flesh and blood....

That's a tough post to follow Lucky. Stated beautifully, and much appreciated! :D

Got a feeling that most of us here feel the same way; I certainly do!

A happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

TO

Same to you, although its not Thanksgiving there, hope you and your family are doin' well!

Oh yeah I forgot the Sweet Potatoes and Cranberry Sauce, and I will not be doing the Crab Legs now. Here is my menu.

Appetizer
Shrimp Cocktail
Deviled Eggs
Veggie Platter w/. Dips

Main Course
Turkey
Glazed Ham (glazed with a Brown Sugar, stone ground mustard and apple vinegar glaze)
Stuffing
Mashed Potatos
Carrots
Giblet Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Dinner Rolls
Corn on the Cobb
Macaroni and Cheese
Green Bean Casserole

Dessert
Pumpkin Pie
Blue Berry Pie
Apple Pie

Like I said though. We will not be eating until Saturday.

Thank you my friend, and I can say the same for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back