The Augsburg Eagle.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Well, as I said on the 'What's on the Workbench?' thread, I've got nothing, zero, zip, zilch, nada on it....a total clean out, hoping that this will help to start afresh and get the mojo, the modelling spirits back again...would be too much of a risk to jump on to the next GB, or at least I think so....see what happens....(need to get the juices flowing, to finish some other kits later on)..

Anyhoo...

Having a few sets of 1/32 Bf 109 decal sets sitting and kits, E-1, E-4, G-6, G-14 and K-4, quite tempted to get the new Revell 1/32 G-6 or G-10 though...

Aaaaanyway...

Having a bit of a bother which one to (or try to anyway) do...

Got this E-1:

IMG_20140721_161157_zps8fardcal.jpg

...E-4:

IMG_20140721_161111_zpsreno02bz.jpg

...G-6:

DSC_1159_zps6vededbe.jpg

...G-6, Bartels:

Bf.109.G.08r_zpszmkwsyxl.jpg

....or more like this, as this is the one, that I've got the decals for:

DSC_1167_zpsnn3seekp.jpg

....another G-6, Graf:

Bf.109.G.60-1_zps9o9y0bhx.jpg

....and I've just had ordered this set:

Screenshot_2014-07-21-14-15-01_zpssftnhal_edit_1405950554987.png_zpscywttmzo.jpg

Eagle Cals has the 'Yellow 13' down as a G-6 (again), is that correct? Plus, the Wilde Sau 'Red 6' (I know, it's not a 13), looks bl**dy interesting I have to admit...

Unfortunately, I haven't found any 1/32 decals for this bird though, otherwise I'd have added her to the list as well....

jg-3-bf109e-4-black13-2-jg3-oblt-helmut-tiedmann-staffelkapit-n-grandvilliers-july40_zpsg0m4pr5z.jpg

Got another couple, but they're winter camouflage...

So far, I leaning towards the Bartel's or Graf's birds....

What do you guys think?

See if we, I, can nurse this one across the finishing line, somehow.... A tad fed up not finishing anything... :lol: :oops:

I think maybe the second one. It's one of those joining my BoB line-up in 1/48th scale - eventually.
As for the last one, I had to make my own decals in 1/32nd scale, and paint the numbers. (BTW, there's a larger space than usual between the '1' and '3' on the starboard side.)

It is?
I need to go back to that BoB GB and see who did the decals, if they did them in 1/32 (probably not, as you did your own old boy), if not....one of the list, for now!

Much obliged old chap, thanks awfully....

No, no, no, don't want to steal your thunder mate, that '109 is all yours.... :lol:

Anyhoo....ordered this, only to right after paying for it thinking, I could have got this at my local....doooh!

boxart_zpsiqwxjoc7.jpg

Need to pop in there, to see what they have in books etc., me thinks....

What is your view on the kits cockpit, I'm tempted to try that Eduard self adhesive thingmajig for it...

From memory, old chap, there's a starboard side photo of the extra spaced '13' in my thread on the build of the 1/32nd scale Matchbox kit, I think in the BoB GB builds.

Bl**dy tempted to get this one...

EDK3004_zpsk9kwmpkg.jpg

To do this one...

IMG_20140730_153403_zpsbygfkk1m.jpg

.....wonder if her camouflage would look something like this...?

IMG_20140730_201946_zpsvl7pmqyr.jpg

...was also thinking of using these 'Yellow 13', but they look a tad on the thick side, or?

IMG_20140721_140214_zps0yanmrgj.jpg

....ideas, suggestions?

(Photos from Luftwaffe Fighters and Fighter Bombers of the Far North..)

It's a passable likeness methinks, though a little thick. The style is the same otherwise.

yeah it's pretty close Jan...and i got that Trop kit on the way to me at the moment! :D

Much obliged gentlemen, appreciated!
Good stuff Master Wayne!
Sounds interesting this with the Jagdgruppe Drontheim and that '109 (Yellow 13) is a tempting subject...
Would it be safe to, I don't know....is there a good chance that 'Yellow 13' might look like the 'White 12', in the profile, when it comes to the camouflage?
For what I can see, she's not wearing any kind of badges in the photo either....so that saves a bit of hassle...

I'm not certain old chap, but it looks like the badge might be there. Under the windscreen, there's just a hint of what might be the left side of the white area, or possibly the yellow diamond -shaped crest on top of the badge. As for the '13' decals, a blind man on a galloping horse wouldn't notice, so you should get away with it methinks.

Then you've got better eyes than me old boy, mind pointing it out for me, for a snifter of your choice of course, because I can't blasted see it....

Where's Guttorm, when you need him? :lol:

Here you go old chap - follow the yellow brick arrow !

Attachments

• Jan's 109.jpg
    Jan's 109.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 151
What is that?? I thought that was something in the photo, I didn't noticed that wee....thing! Trying to see, what else there is on Jagdgruppe Drontheim...

Much obliged old boy!

Yeah, no. If it's a badge it doesn't look the same as the one on white 12. White 12 might have stemmed from a different staffel of JFS 3 and the legacy badge could well be different.

Last edited:
For what I understand, Jagdgruppe Drontheim's E-7's were probably former 6./JG 5 birds, receiving them directly from 6./JG 5 when they started to receive their first F-4's in May/June of '42....

It also says (in the.....Far North book), that they, Jagdgruppe Drontheim, at the time featured no emblems of any kind, but were still quite colourful, with yellow rudders and sometimes yellow fuselage bands....

Sooo..... :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back