The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was terrified Vic.:lol:
A4K, he's on the antenna ball so that will give you an idea of his size and they do have a venom that leaves a knot about 1/4 the size of a mosquito bite. It can be painful like a bruise. I worked on the car for about six hours and it never moved except when I disturbed it.:)
Your wright Wayne " It's MINE, ALL MINE, YOU HEAR, ALL MINE, I FOUND IT, IT'S ALL MINE!:lol: :lol:

A friend of mine brought me a COOL surprise today. He got her at work and every one else wanted to kill it. He remembered that I liked spiders and brought her to me. She is a Mexican Wolf Spider. I don't know how long she will survive but I put her out in the flower bed. I dropped some water on a leaf in front of her and she sucked it up and took off under the azalea bush where I got this shot. She is just a little larger than a silver dollar and she is not feeling to zippy just yet.

IMG_8861 resized 25 legal.jpg

Probably the same as Aussie Red Backs at Warton aerodrome, Preston, England..:lol: :lol: ..............they hitched a ride in a container..:| :|........................sealed the whole airfield off in case they escaped............:p

Great picture Aaron, love'em in the wild, but not the house.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Since that Wolf Spider is new to the neighborhood, it's probably going to end up as food for one of the local critters...

I've tried to get some Macro shots of our local Wolf Spiders, but either they see thier reflection in my lens and attack it or they don't like the idea of some huge idiot human creeping up on them with this big one-eyed monstrosity and flee...

:lol:

We had a Wolf spider in the house when I was growing up and she kept the crickets down to a minimum. She got rather large. About the size of the palm of your hand.:)

Yeah, he's sitting there, memorizing your face...."gimme two more years, punk, and your toes are mine!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back