The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not exactly a creepy crawly but this is Canberra National Golf Course on a normal day.

The golfing can't be all that exciting, the spectators are find it a bit hard to stay awake.

Attachments

• Golf.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 92
cool, i've only see 'Roos at a zoo. i do understand that they can be quite dangerous as they grab with their front paws and raise their hind legs for a disemboweling kick

how about that sweet little critter that shares our beds and drinks our blood as we sleep
Now do you know the meaning of "Don't let the bedbugs bite" means?

Attachments

• Bed bug.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 9,588
  • bed_bug_14.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 9,957
  • 1_1201710900_i-love-bed-bugs.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 10,802
I hope not, they are coming back with a vengence. DDT had them almost exterminated but with its removal: "They're Back"
over-the-counter sprays do not work and even professionals can't always get all of them

they can also be in the carpets, springs, wood work, etc. people have removed everything, even repainted and "They're Back"
often funigation of he whole house. apparments are even worse as the come in from other apartments even if yours is/was clean
People who stay in motels/hotels can bring them home with them

just teasing, diddy, you're lucky to be alive. those claws on the hind legs can rip open a belly like a knife. the boxing kangaroo "trick" is just them doing what they do naturally, close with and try to kick the enemy

time to get back to a really creepy: the camel spider. not really a spider, no fangs or poison and no web but they are carnivorous and their bite rapidly becomes infected. they can run at 10mph and hate the sun so they try for any available shade. if that is your shadow they will move into it and if you move they follow giving the impression that they are chasing you.
TopPhoto: note hand holding spiders (upper right) near camera lens. Actual size about 6 inches

Attachments

• camel_spider.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 8,654
  • Camel_Spider-2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 40,605
  • camel-spider.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 9,050
  • camel-spider-iraq.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 9,764
Last edited:
what many do not know is that the "camel spider" is native to the US (southwest) wind spider and mexico where it is called matevenados or deer killer

Attachments

• matevenados.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 8,822

Users who are viewing this thread