The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Aaron!

I sure wish I had my MACRO lens for this but at least I had my K-5 with my 50-200 mounted. With that lens, the closest I can be from a subject to min. focus, is 3 feet, which this was. The photo was sized down a little and cropped :)

Fantastic, I totally agree what a GREAT shot. The big one might be a crane fly? but catching it in the middle of dinner, and the the glass reflective surface, a one in a million shot Dave, really nice

Saw this Whateveritis insect crawling on the deck awning sun screen a few days ago when the sun made a rare appearence

Attachments

• DCP_1699r.jpg
    DCP_1699r.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 57
  • DCP_1700.jpg
    DCP_1700.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DCP_1701r.jpg
    DCP_1701r.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 66
Couple of great shots between you Dave and Mike.

You may recall my posting some of these a few weeks ago. It's the same spider in the same web but looking about ready to hatch a couple million little ones. I have a lavender hedge just below her which is now in need of a trim, but this has to wait until after the hatching. For size, she is about 6cm legs extended with a body of about 2cm. You can also see that she has a huge web extending from out front door veranda across the yard to the flowering cherry and crab apple trees.

20130404-1c.jpg

20130404-1a.jpg

20130404-1d.jpg

20130404-1e.jpg

Thanks Andy, Mike, Hugh, Matt and Vic!

MACRO photography is just a serious kick in the ass...it's like looking into an entirely different world!

That Assassin Bug is cool Mike, and looks pretty big, too!

And Vic, seriously, does Australia have the market cornered on creepy spiders? :lol:

Here's another Bee shot taken Tuesday :)
IMGP31745-ed[720x479].jpg

I understand Dave that there are about 500+ varieties of Spider in Australia, which don't sound so many considering how many I have in my garden at the moment.

I like the bee and blossom shot and often just sit and watch the bees hard at work here.

Thanks gus but I was not too impressed with my pics, the darn bug kept crawling into the sun. Since he was going up the awning I couldn't get the sun at my back hence the very bright spots
Really good pics of the spider and bee

Nice one, Dave. While waiting on the airshow to start at Riverside, my son spotted this epic battle going on. I never thought I would do macro photography from 7 feet away! I shot this at 500mm. I don't like getting close to black widows, especially this big ole b!tch!

Attachments

• EVG_7049.jpg
    EVG_7049.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 62
  • EVG_7051.jpg
    EVG_7051.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back