The Guns We Own

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the advice but dont worry I dont want to shoot myself. :lol:/QUOTE]

CB's famous last words;) It's not a matter of wanting to shoot yourself, it's a matter of accidently shooting ones self with a gun that you think is unloaded. Just not a safe practice. Don't mean to harp on it, but I hate to see something like that, plus you post too many lovelies in the Breaking News thread to loose you in an accident;)

Thanks for the advice but dont worry I dont want to shoot myself. :lol:/QUOTE]

CB's famous last words;) It's not a matter of wanting to shoot yourself, it's a matter of accidently shooting ones self with a gun that you think is unloaded. Just not a safe practice. Don't mean to harp on it, but I hate to see something like that, plus you post too many lovelies in the Breaking News thread to loose you in an accident;)

Bucksnort is right.
For purposes of handling safety, there is no such thing as an unloaded firearm..

For purposes of handling safety, there is no such thing as an unloaded firearm..

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Not to beat a horse to death on the subject (I don;t think gun safety can be over emphasized by the way), but I once worked with a guy that shot himself in the leg with a gun he thought was unloaded. Was supposedly cleaning it, but I suspect he was screwing around and showing off to his buddies.
Better safe then accidently dead IMHO.

I personally am much more concerned with the millions of idiots that clog our roads every day. Getting home from work without getting hurt is a real nailbiter. People don't take driving very seriously.

Newest acquisition.

Umarex / Colt M4 OPS in .22lr (Yes, I said .22lr. The magazine holds 30 rounds)

pers.jpg

I haven't fire it yet but I am reading that a lot of people are having problems and everyone says to steer clear from Remington ammo.

I paid $600 for mine. I have heard that the Smith is better and costs less. I haven't heard anything about the Sig.

I sure miss my Colt 1911A1, but replacing it is out of the question, since California has a "drop test" rule, and the Colt doesn't pass it. :(
QUOTE]

Yet another reason I will never live in the Peoples Republic of California! No offense, but gun that law is just the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I'd bet more people are injured in California by Pneumatic nail guns than those that drop thier M1911's. Double saftey on both should prevent them from going off anyway. Plus the fact that a .45ACP bullet is so slow you should be able to jump out of the way before it hits you anyway;)
Have owned several 1911's of various models over the years, would like another someday.

Last edited:
Yet another reason I will never live in the Peoples Republic of California! No offense, but gun that law is just the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I'd bet more people are injured in California by Pneumatic nail guns than those that drop thier M1911's. Double saftey on both should prevent them from going off anyway. Plus the fact that a .45ACP bullet is so slow you should be able to jump out of the way before it hits you anyway;)
Have owned several 1911's of various models over the years, would like another someday.
Yeah, I'm a native Californian, and over my lifetime, I've watched the steady decline of this state from the world's 6th economic power to a disgusting 'hole held hostage by by idiots and agendas...

I can honestly say that in my entire life, I have dropped a weapon only once (Marlin .444), and it landed on it's side - I won't EVEN go into the a**-chewin' I earned as a result of this, but let's just say that this is something a person shouldn't do in the presence of a former Marine and two retired Navy Chiefs.

Anyway, the chances of a 1911 falling on it's hammer with a round in the chamber is some pretty high odds and I think that this is just another "phobia" regarding firearms that ends up written into legislation.

Last edited:
LOL

Yeah, I use the term "former" instead of "ex"...

The only time I would use the term ex-marine is if they were bounced out for whatever reason.

Even though my step-dad is a former Marine (Korean War vet, Chosin survivor), he's still a marine! :lol:

We have more in common than you know.
My dad served in the Corps in 62-63.
He didn't serve overseas but he had the chance.
He was thinking about volunteering to be an advisor in Vietnam. (Southeast Asia at the time)
When they told him he carried a weapon as an advisor but would be court-martialed if he was caught with bullets he decided against volunteering.

Wheels

Bought a Springfield Armory M1 Garand today. Gotta wait till tomorrow to pick it up (Veterans Day Holiday, couldn't do the background check).

Very excited! Will post pics when I get it in my hand.

TO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back