The Guns We Own

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These be my two fav toys, among others.
ČZ 75D Compact and Beretta 92FS.

Attachments

• CZ75D.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 18,935
  • 15-6-Beretta-1_1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 11,953
While the Beretta has a much more smooth action, trying to fire it double action takes a large hand. But the action is SOOOOO smooth right out of the box. The CZ75 has an exquisite grip and feel. If I had a choice, I would choose the CZ only because I have small hands. Otherwise the Beretta wins hands down for fit and finish.

Pisis, both are awesome guns.

Thanks.
Oh yeah, the "Chezetka", as we call it, is much more manouverable in my opinion.
But as sometimes I do, I can't help myself with the B92 beast, as I love the shape.

Guess I'll go ahead and post, since I now own something a little more high-powered than an airsoft gun. Finally got the wife to go shooting this past Thursday, and now she's hooked...so I got the okay to pick up a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 while at Cabellas (outdoor/hunting shop...biiiig toystore!) this afternoon. Paid $100 (they were out of ammo, unfortunately) for the rifle, bayonette, some random canvas-string pouch (ammo, possibly?) and a two-pocket leather cleaning/repair kit with, apparently, all the parts to it. Oh, and the canvas sling. Pedigree is supposed to hail back to WW2 (receiver is stamped 1942), but don't have any solid paperwork to back that up. I may have to research the serial number, but not sure how serious Russia was with the paperwork during that time. Okay, enough rambling...time for pics (yeah, I'm the fat guy in the last one...stupid middle-age...):

Attachments

• IMG_6133.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,144
  • IMG_6134.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 2,146
  • IMG_6138.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,129
  • IMG_6139.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 2,119
  • IMG_6140.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 2,104
Last edited:
Nice one. Paid about right for retail. Looks in good shape, aresenal refinished. Be careful with the ammo you use and clean it immediately after use if you use corrosive powder/primers. Most of the older Soviet stuff is highly corrosive.

Thanks! Planning on getting a good cleaning kit when I go to pick up ammo for it. Now I just gotta figure out what all the bells and whistles are in that maintenance kit...I should spread em out and post a pic...just gotta get off my lazy duff and do it!

Nice lookin' rifle there RA!

Might try ordering your ammo from Cabela's online if it wasn't in stock in the store. Worked for me for my M1Garand ammo.

TO

RA... you still alive buddy? Pull your VISA out of the Midway card reader and wipe the drool off your face. Square up man!!

Now where were we...

::gasping for air:: Whew! Thanks for that. ::takes deep breath:: In I go again...!

BTW....anyone know where one might dig up a scope, scope mount, and down-turned bolt that would match up with a 1942 Mosin-Nagant? All I have found so far are scopes already attached to the rifles. And the only spec/model I have found anywhere is that it was a 4x scope, and called a "PU". Nothing other than that.

Midway ammo is good stuff. when the first norinco and polytech aks came into the country ammo 762x39 was hard to get. Midway was one of the few places to have it and made it a in soft nose hunting rounds at 25 cents a round. i burned a lot of their rounds and have no complaints...

as for gun parts for that...try here.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Last edited:
If your impressed with Midway check out Brownells, the stuff they have will make your head spin......

RA there are a couple other places i used to snag parts from. they dont come to mind at the moment. if i get a chance i will go through some old invoices ( if my wife hasnt thrown them away) and see if they are still in biz.

Nice rifle.You look ready to become Vassily Karbinikov 8)

Users who are viewing this thread