The Next Generation Group Builds Listing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good one Andy. I'd thought about the Mossie TT35s, converted from B35s, used by the Civilian Anti Aircraft Cooperation Unit at Exeter, up to the early 1960s. This was the source for the Mossies used in the movie '633 Squadron' - which leads into the possibility of other 'movie stars' too.
Like Evan, I grew up in an era when the vast majority of short-haul airliners were ex- RAF or USAAF Dakotas/C-47s, along with Vikings, ex-RAF Dominies (Rapides) as well as many Austers, Tiger Moths and Cubs etc. One of my first flights was on a Dakota that had dropped paras on D-Day and at Arnhem, and my very first flight was in an ex- Army Air Corps Auster AOP.

question guys....when is the next GB schedduled to start.

I also have a question completely unrelated

I never submitted my completed GB16 (or was it GB 15....the one for carrier a/c). Just had too much to do at the time. Its finished, and probably the best ive done so far. I was thinking I would like to post it as completed. let you guys have a look. Is that allowed even though the GB is long finished?

The next GB "Heavy Hitters of WWII Allied or Axis, Single to Multi-engine", GB 18 starts on 1st May Michael. The current GB runs until Sunday, 2nd June.

As for missed GB finished entries, by all means post it on the "Your Completed Kits".

I might have suggested to just continue the thread, just like Wayne did with his famous Ju-88, which I think he JUST finished.....:lol:

It won't get judged though, obviously.

Thanks guys....it just feels like unfinished busness....I would prefer to just finish off the build diary thread that I have, not looking for a judegement, but I feel some people like to see the finished product, and it just finishes what i have not really finished, if you get my drift.

I'd go with that. If I ever get back to the F-16 I didn't finish for GB#14 I was just going to continue with that thread.

I'd go with that too. Plan to finish my GB builds whenever I can, likewise carrying on with the same threads.

Need to check the GB list again too... thought 'Spitfire marks' was next and was getting ready to do the PR.19....

Michael - finish it in the Group Build thread as normal, that way, it's all in one place, and keeps the thread complete.

Based on a purchase earlier this year, had an idea for a future GB theme: 'Your First Model(s)'.

Exactly as it sounds: to build a new kit of the very first one(s) you ever built. Be an interesting 'then and now' comparison, aswell as a trip down memory lane...

Most of mine were destroyed in moves too Andy. My very first I lost in a flood!

The original kit isn't needed, just a new kit of it :) Found most of my first kits on E-Bay for example.

My first is up in the attic somewhere, a Revell=PB4Y-1 I made with my Dad. I have a re-release of the same old kit in the stash so I'd be ready to go. All I need id the time.

Yep, that's the one. I still remember making it with him. We put the top turret in the wrong slot and it sat way too high. I'll have to try to dig it up.

Attachments

• 138056-10105.jpg
    138056-10105.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 189
I remember doing a model of the Graf Spee when I was about 15, then nothing for 35 years, and then an Italeri 1/48 A4 which I did about 8 years ago now.
Ive got a 1/72 Tamiya A4. Would that be good enough?

I actually don't remember the first kit I built. I do remember a 1/72 scale Bf109E but my Dad might have built it for me. I do remember painting it though. This would have been in the mid sixties and I don't know if it was Airfix or Revell.

Mine was either the original Airfix 1/72nd scale Lysander, or maybe their Spitfire MkIX, back in about 1961 (I was 9 years old), or possibly an odd-scale F-84F (slightly larger than 1/48th scale from memory), I think from Aurora, which was known as a 'Whip-Flight' model. It had a metal ring, inserted through a hole in one wing tip, to which a piece of thin cord was attached, so that the model could be swung around, or 'whipped', simulating flight !
I remember that the 'pilot' was moulded as part of each fuselage half, and all the markings were raised detail, which were then painted. Even then, I thought it spolied the model by having that hole in the wing - but yes, I did 'fly' it !!
Whichever one was 'first', I have a 1/48th scale Lysander to build, and a 1/48th scale Spit, and recently built a 1/48th scale F-84F.
One of the first two might make an appearance sometime - when I eventually catch up !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back