The Next Generation Group Builds Listing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow..how long has it been since I last logged on?(Opened your notification 5 minutes ago).Great job on the list Vic. Also helps me decide what to build next.

Geo

Now that we are near the end of the list, I have a suggestion. What if there was a group build for military aircraft that became commercially or privately owned? I think this would open up to a lot of scratch building. These would include those bought by the forestry service as fire bombers or corporate transports. It would also include NOAA aircraft. I'm sure there are several private owners of ex-military aircraft that would also make interesting builds. What say you?

Nowhere near the end of the list yet - there's another two years' worth at least to get through. I think your idea might have been mentioned, and possibly included, but my head is so muzzy at the moment, due to this darned bug, I can't remember!
BTW, what's 'NOAA' ?

It's the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. They control the weather. But like every other government department they mess it up regularly.

WHAT!!!......................The weather………………………………

b0227.gif

Now that we are near the end of the list, I have a suggestion. What if there was a group build for military aircraft that became commercially or privately owned? I think this would open up to a lot of scratch building. These would include those bought by the forestry service as fire bombers or corporate transports. It would also include NOAA aircraft. I'm sure there are several private owners of ex-military aircraft that would also make interesting builds. What say you?

Bill, we have a new list, some say it goes on for ever……………..which is true, but each GB will be discussed with some flexibility as and when it is about a month out from start date.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/group-builds/new-generation-group-builds-2013-onwards-33203.html

Last edited:

See my GB 30 idea: 'Post War Warbirds: Given a new lease of life' :)

Control the weather??!!
I wish someone could do that in the UK - we don't have a climate, only weather, and it's normally the weather that no one else wants, and out of control !!!

You stoopid bloke, throw more money at it! Sheesh, :rolleyes: our NOAA was so successful this year that we destroyed half of our eastern seaboard. Half the staff got a raise.

Thanks guys, I missed that posting. Figures I'd miss something when I get busy elsewhere. I'd been on a couple of NOAA planes. One of them was a PC3 Orion, another was a C-130. Another plane they keep that I found interesting was a U-2 plane.

I've got one picked out already for that group build. The P-51 I did in group build 11 was sold to the Dominican Republic after the war and flew with them into the 1960s, and is currently a post guardian in front of their air base.

Ah, spend more money on the weather! Yes, I think we could double the budget, and maybe spend £5 this year .....

Somewhat related to this off topic stuff, one interesting subject for the warbirds in civilian use is the actual Mosquito restoration I'm volunteering on. Spartan Air Services bought, I think, 9 PR Mossies and used them in the 50's to map large areas of the Canadian north. Here's a pic of one of them:

SpartanAirServicesdeHavillandMosquitoCF-HMQ_zps904e93bb.jpg

Great shot Andy!

Yep, some of the nice civvy schemes on military aircraft are part of what I was aiming at with the build idea. Growing up in NZ I regularly saw alot of civvy C-47s in various schemes, aswell as DH 89s (flown in ZK-AKY!) and of course Harvards and Tigermoths galore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back