The Person Below Me (TPBM)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Started to read "Tex Hill: Flying Tiger" a while back but got sidetracked with other stuff and have not finished it. Currently thinking of picking up "Hell Hawks!: The Untold Story of the American Fliers Who Savaged Hitler's Wehrmacht" for my next read.

TPBM has heard fo the Hell Hawks.

Nope haven't built my own house, and favorite bird, nver really thought about it, probably the North American Wild Turkey as I love to hunt them in the spring.

TPBM has eaten Schweinshaxe ?

Last edited:
Nope, not gonna try them either. Last part over the fence is not meant for human consumption.

TPBM is thinking of starting to build plastic model airplanes again after seeing all the post in the modelling section.

Well then, I'll have to explain Eisbein first, utilising Wikipedia in the process.

Quote:

Eisbein , literally ice leg/bone, is the German name for a culinary dish involving the lower part of a pickled ham hock,[1] usually boiled. The name derives from the Nordic word for pork knuckle.
[2] It is also known as Bötel or Stelze. In Swiss German it is known as Gnagi.

Eisbein is heavily marbled meat covered with a thick layer of fat.
The meat is tender and aromatic, but must be cooked or braised for a long time.
Usually it is sold ready cured and sometimes smoked, and then used in simple, hefty dishes, for example in Berlin cooked with pea puree.
This can be an alarming experience for the unwary tourist, as it is a huge portion and the skin is left soft, not crispy, because the dish is merely boiled.

In Germany, Eisbein is very commonly served with potatoes or mashed potatoes, or with Sauerkraut.

A Bavarian dish using the same joint of meat is Schweinshaxe, which is usually not pre-cured and is roasted to achieve a crispy textured fatty crust.

Schweinshaxe (pronounced shVINES-hock-sa), in German cuisine, is a roasted Ham hock (or "pork knuckle"), especially popular in Bavaria.

Schweinshaxe is similar to the popular Latin American "pernil" especially since it includes the Chicharrones (although they are not fried).

- Ende-

TPBM doesn't really care about Schweinshaxe.

...%¤...now I'm hungry...*stomach rumble*

Nope, stick to the guitar.

TPBM cannot play an air instrument and thus just holds thier cigarette lighter up in the air when they hear songs they like on the radio (hope you drive a convertible)

Last edited:
Nope.....my collection of Zippo's has been put away for safekeeping.

TPBM has tried the "Topsy Turvy" tomato planters and will give us their opinion...

[I use them for tomatoes bell peppers]

Charles

Attachments

• Topsy-Turvy.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 119

Users who are viewing this thread