The Pictures from Hurricane Katrina......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I truly am sorry for all those folks who have had it so rough Les I realise there is a pile of work for you not only with your own house but job wise I have to admit from a foreigners point of view it really looks like the coloured people in New Orleans got the shit end of the stick.
However the point of my post is this if you ever want a break in the UK for a bit of sight seeing etc or to recharge the families batteries its available. The kids left home some years ago so theres a couple of spare bedrooms going.
We ain't posh but its no crap hole although small by US standards

Attachments

• the_squat_144.jpg
    the_squat_144.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 334
Its no bull shit Les I wouldnt have posted it if I didnt mean it. It must put a real strain on things with the end of your house swiped off and some of your friends and neighbours loosing everything or worse. My missus was a young girl when Canvey Island got flooded in the fifties although only 50 odd people got killed it was only a small community(1000) then so she knows what a disaster it has been for you guys.

Im glad some people across the earth can feel pity and empathy for us here on the gulf coast, cause theres some real assholes here in the states that are just straight up ignorant....

"Oh u were in a storm huh?? Alot of rain???"

"No, not so much the rain, but the 160mph winds and the 32 foot storm surge were slightly more threatening..."

"Wow... Can u still make ur credit card payment on time?"

Thanks eric
I agree it is still possible for your mate to turn up Les, it appears that thousands of folks have been displaced and he may have other more pressing tasks to perform Did you know any of his relitives perhaps giving them a bell may help to locate him or is there a lost and found web site to chase ? but even then he could be busy and out of touch. It sure looks like you guys will have work coming out of your ears for a long time to come and we all feel like tits in a trance being so far away.

les, i have a question:

how far in did the surge come?
i'm asking this, cos i'm affraid that we are next.
we live about 20 milles north of houston,tx, aprox 70 from galveston.
today they issue a voluntary evacuation in galveston area.

today they predict that will hit matagorda bay, to the south of galveston, we still are in the worst part of the storm

Correct Me 262, that big turd is coming your way just like Katrina did toward Les. I've got a good freind in Corpus Christie and I told him to get up north and east past two to three states for about 14 days until it passes. Just heard that some clowns are saying that Galveston will be wiped off the face of the earth....man what are people saying, spreading the potential chaos....

Hang in there Les maybe your friends will get back safely as everything is still so mucked up. what's the latest on the rebuilding and cleanup in your area ? Just got back from several days in the Oregon Mtns via work...

yf Erich ~

now i have problems, family problems, my wife wants to stay with her mother, despite the issue of a voluntary evacuation by montgomery county

Users who are viewing this thread

Back