The Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been away from this thread for awhile, Joe. Lookin' good, my friend !!

I said it before, and I'll say it again.... 'bout time for a test flight. NC
number ? Aren't they passe ?

Charles

Been away from this thread for awhile, Joe. Lookin' good, my friend !!

I said it before, and I'll say it again.... 'bout time for a test flight. NC
number ? Aren't they passe ?

Charles

Thanks all! Yes Charles, we're getting close to flying. As far as the "NC" number - those regestrations go back to the CAA days. Some owners decided to keep the original number which stood for "USA - Commercial" or something to that affect.

FIRST FLIGHT TODAY!!!!!

After several weeks of running her down the runway and lifting the tail and even getting her a few feet off the ground, today was the day. Completed a long pattern, got 1000' AGL and everything worked except my CHT gage! My landing sucked, ran off the runway but got corrected and no damage to the airplane or pilot!

The owner was in tears (maybe because of my landing ) This has been a 6 year ordeal for her and now I think she has closure as this was project started when her husband was alive.

I'll put about 10 more hours on it until it sells.

I hope to have pictures later this week - she took them all because I was "a little busy." 8)

I hadn't seen this thread
You get to build aeroplanes and fly them?
I want a job like that... 8)

Congratulations and it was big-hearted of you to help this lady out, Joe
I think she saw that when she came close to tears

Thanks guys....

Ya know, over the years I could always sympathize with the combat pilot and the dangers that one would face while preparing and then flying into combat...

But to me, just as treacherous is taking a 60 year old airplane that hasn't flown in almost 30 years back in the air.

I slept 3 hours last night and been running on adrenaline all day, now that I know I have an airworthy aircraft t work with, I feel like the weight of the world was lifted off me.

Been drinking heavily since 3

Fu*kin A Joe, Hot Sh!t!!!!!!

Glad u finally got her up and in the pattern, two BIG thumbs up Shipmate.....

Thanks shipmate! As they used to say in Brooklyn - "Shittin Bricks"

Check this out - look at the date of the first post - almost 2 years to the date!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread