The ScharnHorst 1/200-Operation Paderborn

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a big update but small tedious update to the cranes.Trumpter did not have anything for crane operator to work from so I fabricated it from some 1/350 PE and some crank handles from the search lights in 1/200 for the steering wheels.All I need to do now is paint and rig the cables.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• scharnhorst 001.JPG
    scharnhorst 001.JPG
    299.1 KB · Views: 2
  • scharnhorst 004.JPG
    scharnhorst 004.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 3
Not a big update but small tedious update to the cranes.Trumpter did not have anything for crane operator to work from so I fabricated it from some 1/350 PE and some crank handles from the search lights in 1/200 for the steering wheels.All I need to do now is paint and rig the cables.View attachment 780279
That detail under your magnifying glass................................WOW! :thumbright::lol:

The deck is now glued in markings placed the Trumpter swastikas were 1/32" basically I made these @ 1/16" 2x wider and they still look just a tad thin??The base is well on it's way to to getting finished the SS's are not glued ATTM everything can still come apart.The plexiglas comes in next week for me to cut and assemble hoping all goes well there.The crane is finished for one side now just need to rig the other I did have to add a roller not included to get close to the original design. ;)

Attachments

• scharnhorst 002.JPG
    scharnhorst 002.JPG
    352.2 KB · Views: 4
  • scharnhorst 001.JPG
    scharnhorst 001.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 4
  • scharnhorst 003.JPG
    scharnhorst 003.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 4
I have just about have the foredeck complete the chains are a Nice add but the mods will....lets say had abit of a cuss factor..I had to walk away.I finished it up this morning without a bit of fuss.I had to add a collar that the chain/anchor slide through some .030" rod bent around a .060" rod.I then added the smaller securing chain looping some .010" through the end twist,bend 90' and inset into the deck the chain was left over from the Schnell Boat 72 links per/inch.You will also notice the Swastikas have been updated to a more acceptable size no more sticks.I was not able to address the location of the right/green capstan it's a mirror image the setup is exactly like the left/red a Trumpter mistake Paul a French builder saw and I saw it but I thought my wooden deck fix it the capstan needed to move about 1/3" left it is what it is.I am just glad I caught and made some mods to the chains/anchor. ;)

Attachments

• scharnhorst 001.JPG
    scharnhorst 001.JPG
    423.7 KB · Views: 3
  • scharnhorst 002.JPG
    scharnhorst 002.JPG
    418.8 KB · Views: 3
  • scharnhorst 003.JPG
    scharnhorst 003.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back