The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm finally back at the permanent Tin Tent, in Norrrfffolk, having arrived last Friday evening, just about 3 months later than intended !
Karl joined me on Saturday evening, when we had a small "practice session" with some Abbot Ale, and Karl's somewhat camp, girly Peroni, just to ensure it would be OK for the following evening, after returning from the Old Buckenham air show.
We got to Old Buck around 09.00 hrs on Sunday morning, where we met up with our friends Max and Barbara, and hoped the forecast rain would hold off, as the weather was looking very dodgy. Although strong winds on site, and bad weather on the various routes to and from launching bases lead to cancellations of a number of "acts", the show went ahead, with the bulk of the flying taking place as planned, albeit with some disappointing gaps in the programme. The usual post-show BBQ took place back at the camp site, with Max and Barbara joining us to help but a dent in the beers, wine and Max's Sambuca, although by then the rain had arrived good style, so we had to sit in the van's awning and console ourselves with more beers and Karl's grub.
I'll post a full report and pictures from the show when I get back home, either on the weekend or some time next week, as 'net connection here is very poor and sporadic, and editing pics on my lap top is not the best way to gain best quality images.
Meanwhile, I've included here a few "taster" shots from the show.

Depending on the weather, I might be able to get "out and about" in the next few days, and I'll see what I can find of interest to post here, otherwise I'll cover more of "The Travels" when I return in mid August.
OBF 4.jpg
OBF 5.jpg
OBF 6.jpg
OBF 1.jpg
OBF 2.jpg
OBF 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finally back at the permanent Tin Tent, in Norrrfffolk, having arrived last Friday evening, just about 3 months later than intended !
Karl joined me on Saturday evening, when we had a small "practice session" with some Abbot Ale, and Karl's somewhat camp, girly Peroni, just to ensure it would be OK for the following evening, after returning from the Old Buckenham air show.
We got to Old Buck around 09.00 hrs on Sunday morning, where we met up with our friends Max and Barbara, and hoped the forecast rain would hold off, as the weather was looking very dodgy. Although strong winds on site, and bad weather on the various routes to and from launching bases lead to cancellations of a number of "acts", the show went ahead, with the bulk of the flying taking place as planned, albeit with some disappointing gaps in the programme. The usual post-show BBQ took place back at the camp site, with Max and Barbara joining us to help but a dent in the beers, wine and Max's Sambuca, although by then the rain had arrived good style, so we had to sit in the van's awning and console ourselves with more beers and Karl's grub.
I'll post a full report and pictures from the show when I get back home, either on the weekend or some time next week, as 'net connection here is very poor and sporadic, and editing pics on my lap top is not the best way to gain best quality images.

Depending on the weather, I might be able to get "out and about" in the next few days, and I'll see what I can find of interest to post here, otherwise I'll cover more of "The Travels" when I return in mid August.View attachment 732074View attachment 732075View attachment 732076View attachment 732078View attachment 732079
Where are the Harvards?

Thanks chaps.

I'm afraid the Harvard duo were among the "acts" cancelled due to weather.

The show ended with the thunderous Typhoon, causing snowflake kids to scream and hide,wanting to go home (no bl**dy character, kids these days !), concluding at just after 16.00 hrs, instead of the scheduled 17.30 hrs, a tough (but correct) decision for the show director and aircrews to make.
One "act" that Karl and I particularly wanted to see was the Royal Norwegian Air Force Historic Flight two- seat Vampire, now in RAF camouflage and markings, but it was stuck at Duxford with a fuel leak.

As mentioned, I'll edit the pics when I get home, and post a thread on the show in the "Warbirds Displays" section.

Depending on the weather, I might be able to get "out and about" in the next few days, and I'll see what I can find of interest to post here, otherwise I'll cover more of "The Travels" when I return in mid August.View attachment 732074View attachment 732075View attachment 732076View attachment 732078View attachment 732079View attachment 732080
Brilliant day & excellent company guys! Thanks so much for your hospitality & we will definitely be back next year. PS Barbara has put an order in for a Karl Gusta

Depending on the weather, I might be able to get "out and about" in the next few days, and I'll see what I can find of interest to post here, otherwise I'll cover more of "The Travels" when I return in mid August.View attachment 732074View attachment 732075View attachment 732076View attachment 732078View attachment 732079View attachment 732080
Thanks for a brilliant day guys & for your excellent hospitality- we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Barbara has order in for Carl Gustaf after your very professional training session!!!
Thanks again & we will definitely be back next year!
Max & Barbara

Apologies for the lack of up-dates, mainly due to very poor to zero net connection here on site in Norfolk.
I had intended to get out and about, and then return home by early last week. But a twisted ankle made things painful and difficult, so I'm still in a field !
However, I need to get back home tomorrow (Wednesday) in time for a meds delivery, and various appointments later this week, but I'm aiming to return to Norfolk around the 22nd or 23rd August, when I hope I can get out and bring more adventures of "The Travels".
Meanwhile I'll start the thread on the Old Buckenham airshow when I get home.

Thanks.
The pain and swelling have eased off a lot, so hopefully I'll be able to drive home tomorrow.
Darned pebbled tracks and uneven grass strained an already damaged right ankle and foot, and continued use over the less than smooth surfaces made things worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back