The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Go easy Terry, plenty of stops on the drive home, stretch the legs, keep the pressure of the ankle.

I would suggest a nice slow drive but knowing the UK roads, you'll get that anyway with road works and long backup queues and the odd prang blocking roads. :thumbright::D

Time to break out this one then and fill it with a bit of liquid consolation.

1692171346813.png

Thanks for the good wishes chaps.
It's a four hour drive back home, and I tend to bash straight through without any stops. If I stop to stretch my legs, then that means pain and stiffness each time I stop, and, of course, a longer journey time, so I reckon it's better to have the discomfort only once, when I arrive home.
Once out of the car, I stand up but I'm still shaped as if sitting down !

Well, I should have been home, but !
The sun was shining, it was very warm, and some guys camping on-site had asked me about various former WW2 airfields and museums etc earlier this week, as they were touring around, visiting such places. I gave them some tips and directions, and found a case of Abbott Ale had been left for me, as a thank you.
Sunny, not a breath of wind, no real rush to get home (other than my weekly injection which can wait another day I reckon), so it seemed rude not to enjoy the sunshine and a beer or two, or three or .............. Hmm. when was I going home?
Hic !

Well, i got back home yesterday evening, to a dull, wet Macclesfield (no change there then !).
What should have been a four hour or less drive, ended up just short of six hours, due to heavy congestion on two sections of the main routes home, very frustrating and tiring, especially as there was no visible evidence of any cause for delays.
Needless to say, I was extremely stiff and tired, so a quick bite to eat, then the four "S's" and off to the pub for a few pints of pain killer !

I'm intending to return to Norfolk around the 29th August, maybe a day or two later, and hope to get out and about during this next visit.
Meanwhile, I'm about to sort and edit the pics from the Old Buckenham airshow, and I'll start a thread later today.

Yes old chap. A few pints of ale does wonders for the pain !

I'm setting off for Norfolk again tomorrow (Sunday, 3rd September), and plan to be there until 24th September.
The weather is looking good for the region, with sunshine and temps around the 23C to 25+C mark for the next two weeks at least, so I should be able to get out and about.
Karl is hoping to get down for a long weekend from 15th, and we plan to go to the Muckleburgh Collection ( a very large private collection of armoured and other military vehicles), over that weekend, and hopefully to Lakenheath on the Monday.
I also hope to get to some other interesting places, depending on opening times.

I've just bought an almost new mobility scooter from a neighbour, at a very cheap price, which is more compact than my current "strip down" example, and easier for me to load/unload from the car, and will cope with rough and pebble surfaces better than that one and the very compact "Scootcase" example, due to the type of wheels and tyres. This means I can leave the scooter at the "Tin Tent", rather than have to load/unload for the journey home, always tiring and uncomfortable when alone, and I'll then have a scooter for use at home, and the portable "Scootcase" scooter for other trips when needed.
Subject to Internet connection, I'll try to post up-dates whilst I'm away.
Meanwhile, try to keep Jan out of the model shop and pub, and play nicely whilst I'm away.

Yes old chap. A few pints of ale does wonders for the pain !

I'm setting off for Norfolk again tomorrow (Sunday, 3rd September), and plan to be there until 24th September.
The weather is looking good for the region, with sunshine and temps around the 23C to 25+C mark for the next two weeks at least, so I should be able to get out and about.
Karl is hoping to get down for a long weekend from 15th, and we plan to go to the Muckleburgh Collection ( a very large private collection of armoured and other military vehicles), over that weekend, and hopefully to Lakenheath on the Monday.
I also hope to get to some other interesting places, depending on opening times.

I've just bought an almost new mobility scooter from a neighbour, at a very cheap price, which is more compact than my current "strip down" example, and easier for me to load/unload from the car, and will cope with rough and pebble surfaces better than that one and the very compact "Scootcase" example, due to the type of wheels and tyres. This means I can leave the scooter at the "Tin Tent", rather than have to load/unload for the journey home, always tiring and uncomfortable when alone, and I'll then have a scooter for use at home, and the portable "Scootcase" scooter for other trips when needed.
Subject to Internet connection, I'll try to post up-dates whilst I'm away.
Meanwhile, try to keep Jan out of the model shop and pub, and play nicely whilst I'm away.
I think renaming you to Scooter might be in order.
Anyway hope you have fun and comfort from it. Roll on!

Install three handle bars stacked on each other. And act funny when encountering a beagle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back