The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's what I'll be aiming for, if I can get there MM. The colour changes at this time of year, with that special kind of light in the Lakes, can be quite spectacular.

It's been a while since I added anything here, and although I've been out and about in the Tin Tent a few times this year, I didn't actually take any pictures of interest - one reason being that, on my last but one trip, I was 30 miles into my journey when I remembered I'd left my camera bag at home - Doh !!
But last weekend, Karl and I met-up at a campsite not far from Duxford, ready for 'Flying Legends', and our day, and evening, with Andy (Crimea River) and his family, over from Canada, and my youngest daughter, Josie, and her boyfriend, up from London for the day.
We also met-up with Gary (Geedee) and his wife and son, but unfortunately they couldn't attend our evening BBQ as they had a long drive back to Wiltshire, and Josie also had to get back to London that evening.
Our usual campsite at Fowlmere has, regrettably, closed as a touring site, having been developed as a 'Park Home' site, and a few familiar faces were spotted on our 'new' site, including a French chap who has been going to 'Flying Legends' every year for the past 24 years, always staying at Fowlmere. No doubt we'll see him again next year !
The pics show 'the gang' at Duxford at the end of the airshow, with our 'camp' being arranged at the new site at Comberton, with Karl preparing the BBQ and .... er .... 'supplies', and our Canadian guests enjoying the result of Karl's chef's skills. The pile of home-made burgers, sausages, Cajun chicken and steaks could have fed a Platoon, and the contents of the 'bar' more or less matched !
As the sun went down, and the beer, we put the World to rights, and I think I can safely say that a good time was had by all !

I'm not sure yet where my next travelling 'adventure' will take me, although I'm due to go to a non-aviation event on the Welsh coast near Harlech in a couple of weeks time, when a friend is holding a 'post wedding' party in the grounds of her new house, and a few of us will be camping there, so no doubt I'll get some scenic photos, and I might just return via the 'Mach Loop', so there might be some aircraft pics after all - hangover permitting !!

Thanks all, and it was indeed a great day with our forum friends ( and some 'regulars' at Legends).

So, next year, get your collective R's in gear chaps, and lets make it a bigger BBQ - there were steaks and sausages, and dare I say it, beers left over !!
But the hangover was the same ....................

We do it in style next time!

Users who are viewing this thread