The weather where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a wildfire burning 10 miles east of my location. Fire started near the NE border of the Orange and Riverside counties in the Sierra Peak location. My area isnt threatened, but some evacuation warnings are in effect for the neighborhoods a few miles to the E and NE.

As of now (6:40PM PST) there is no word of containment. Temp today was high 70's, zero humidity and 35mph gusts in the canyon areas near the fire.

An hour ago, a Sikorski Skycrane zoomed over my neighborhood at 500 ft. WOW!!!!!!!!!! the downwash from that bugger is terrific.

We got a bunch of fly ash around here this morning, but the winds shifted around noon and its being depositied to the NW.

To see the pictures of todays event, go to this website and click on "see more pictures"
http://www.ocregister.com/

Ugh, I remember that from the fires here back in October. Keep the house closed up (like I needed to tell you that!).

I noticed that we have another So Cal member here, Twitch. You some free where you are, Twitch?

bad memories guys.............for those of you who reemmber my plight to out west where over 500,000 acres became toast due to lightning in July. the smoke and ash did not settle till Novembers rain which was late in the month. The red sun set at 2pm when we could see it behind a dirty white-brown fog bank .............. YUK !

take care you southern Calif friends

freezing fog here, damp and 27 F .....dark and gloomy

der Alt ♫

Heres some pics of the fire I took from my roof this afternoon.

Attachments

• p2070055a_205.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 109
  • p2070056a_841.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 108
  • p2070057a_191.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 110
  • p2070058a_202.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 107
  • p2070059a_150.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 110
Ah, nothing like the orange glow sunlight. Is it getting any better there, syscom? I heard this morning we have one off the 118 at Rocky Peak, sounds like they are getting it under control. There is another on Malibu Canyon near Piuma. I can see it from here at work.

Geez, it's not even fire season! We have had very little rain this winter so far. When the real fire seaon comes, we could be in some real trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread